Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-22-2013, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by catjo View Post
Hint or two for my SS: You have a couple of fur babies. Oh and you don't like a certain sweet that most love.
Well I have 3 fur babies and am not too fond of Caramels or any candy that sticks to my teeth.
Are you sending to me?
Old 10-22-2013, 07:01 PM

It is really hard to keep up with this thread.

I spent the day at a bra making workshop. I had a wonderful time. My dd is built like a young Dolly Parton. It is very hard to find bras that fit her and even more expensive to buy them.

I made her one today and although it will need a few adjustments, it fits much better than anything we have bought.

Tomorrow I will make one for me.

Also tomorrow I will buy what I still need to get from the quilting store, that is where the bra class is being held.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:13 PM

Seems like what may help is to have a more detailed questionnaire to fill out at the beginning as to our specific wants, likes, needs, choice of reading material,decorating styles, etc. We would have a better idea of who we're buying for and would give us more opportunities to leave fun clues.....just my thought.....
Old 10-22-2013, 08:08 PM

Hint or two for my SS: You have a couple of fur babies. Oh and you don't like a certain sweet that most love.
OHHHHH this COULD be ME!!! We have two babies in the house AND I DON"T LIKE Chocolate!! Yes, I am female and I love to quilt but I DONT LIKE chocolate!!
Old 10-22-2013, 08:53 PM

its midday here and I've just finished reading all the posts. (the highlight of my day, reading all the banter) To my SS I havent said too much about my likes & dislikes,because i like surprizes...I really do! Whatever you send me I will love it! To my SSR, I figure you're a very busy person,cos I havent seen too many posts from you, but I'm sure you'll love what I'm sending. This is my first year and roll on next year! In January I am going to start...Christmas decortion swap. Mysteryquilts& all! I've got to know so many of you on this swap
Old 10-23-2013, 04:25 AM

As far as being a quiet swap partner, well, I guess I just don't have that much to say, and I'm at work during the day so I can't spend a lot of time here, then when I get home I head straight for my sewing room and get to it. Then there's the babysitting the grands, cleaning, cooking and life in general that sort of get's ahead of posting. So, if I'm your SS partner and haven't posted enough to get to know you, just know that I appreciate all your efforts to make my box of surprises so special, because probably that's all I'm going to get quilt related for Christmas. My kids don't have the money to spend and my DH is clueless when it comes to gift giving. It's usually just -- 'go buy what you need'. I signed up for this swap because I love getting surprises in the mail...so anything I get from you will be so appreciated, anything, because it's the thought that counts, right! Thank you in advance for being so sweet and thoughtful and generous! THANKS BUNCHES!!!! - stitch124
Old 10-23-2013, 04:28 AM

Well good morning fellow Santas! I see we're all busy putting our boxes together so we can get them in the mail by deadline time. I've just a couple of more things to construct & then get everything wrapped & mailed. Should be done within a week. I really need to get back to regular quilting or else there's going to be some presents missing under our tree!

Hint for the day: You don't live near the ocean!
Old 10-23-2013, 05:21 AM
Banned

I guess that my box may end up becoming a large flat rate
since I keep finding more goodies to stuff into the box, and
goodness knows I haven't even made anything special for
her yet.

Off to work I go, have a great day everyone.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:26 AM
Power Poster

Cindy60545 that leaves me out, I'm about 6 miles from the ocean LOL
Old 10-23-2013, 06:22 AM

I have a couple fur babies plus a lot more. I could open up my own petting zoo. I don't like mint candy.

Last edited by TOOMANYUFO'S; 10-23-2013 at 06:25 AM.