Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-23-2013, 04:54 PM

Ok everybody! I'm going to post SOMETHING here-oops just a sec...
Old 10-23-2013, 05:12 PM

NO NO it is me I live in Eugene.
Originally Posted by Airwick156 View Post
My state begins with a vowel. O-----REGON. Maybe its me. Lol
Old 10-23-2013, 05:13 PM

Been sewing all day and trying to get things done. Think one of my centers for a round robin that I'm in may be the shabby chic style, at least it is to me. I did pop it a little with the very dark purple to just add a little depth but as you can see the fabrics are almost like a faded out color. I asked the ladies to just add colors that were very light and soft for their rounds and sent the peony fabric along so they could use some of it if they wished. It still has a couple of more rounds to go before I get it back but am hoping for a very soft and feminine quilt. Anyway think this might be an example for you.
And yes dedemac, it's almost time to jump aboard that train isn't it? Seems like I've been waiting at the station forever. Time to finish dinner, will check in tomorrow.[ATTACH=CONFIG]442865[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscf1586.jpg  
Old 10-23-2013, 05:16 PM

If that is shabby chic, then I love it! I have quite a few fabrics that match the description and have been on planning to add a few more and make myself a quilt with it.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:24 PM

Ok- sorry, I remembered where I left my Milky Way, under the pot holders next to the stove, delicious! I want to reassure my SSanta that I do love sunbonnet sue and elephants? Yep, not quite sure why, the elephants I think because I've been working up "circus" theme stitchery, primitive of course! My favorite sweets- chocolate. Just regular chocolate, I live Dove chocolate and hide it from my two teenage boys all the time. My favorite hiding spot for now is the rack of the dishwasher. Ever see a teenage boy look in one? They discovered the microwave fairly quickly. I do hide a empty bag with one or two in it and they think we are out. I really do bake for them all the time, they just eat a LOT! I don't need any books or anything, I have so many, I go to thrift stores and I have been hitting the jackpot of books lately! I would love thread, that is something I'm always out of anymore, I've been using up the almost empty spools that I've collected over the years (what a pain). fabric- love Jo Morton, civil war any, any, ANY fabric with red in it. I'm always looking for red! I never get any sewing gifts, so I will be excited, truly excited for any fabric. I am done shopping now, but I do want to make a nativity wall hanging to put in, then will start wrapping!
Old 10-23-2013, 05:39 PM

Well, I do love SURPRISES! I also love romantic florals like roses.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
AAh Cheryl, that's the deadline for mailing! We can't do that. Last year it was Dec. 9th, which was a Sunday, so Dec. 8th would be this years. Time was 3 p.m. eastern time. You ok with that??

Well, this sure leaves me out! Texas sure ain't small!!

By the way, don't you have a furbaby? Dog? What kind?? As long as I've known you, I've never known furbabies name or even your DH's!!
Well okay, if the 15th is to soon then, how about November 16th for opening day? I am not excited, am I?

For those that might want to know I have two gorgeous furbabies. First, our Abby is a seven year old Siamese mix & keeps our whole neighborhood entertained with her antic's while outside. Then we have a three year old little dog, that we adopted from the Animal Shelter. Her name is Rosie & she rarely leaves my side. Right now she is sitting on my right foot, as I work on the computer. She is my companion baby girl. Please don't let her know that I said she was a DOG!! She doesn't know the true facts about her identity!! Hee-Hee My DH name is Gary & he is all mine, so don't get any ideas out there about stealing him!! Hee-Hee I hope this helps whoever has my name. Have a great evening ladies.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:55 PM

Jaba..........I just LOVE your block, that you are sharing with us this evening. I can just imagine what a whole quilt would look like with all of these beautiful color's. Thank you for sharing. I am currently working on Iris blocks for a future quilt that I have been wanting to do for so long. Fun-Fun!!
Old 10-23-2013, 06:19 PM

jaba love your block. Looks like you have been having fun.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:27 PM

Thank you all for descriptions of shabby chic. I also love the look. That purple block is just beautiful.