Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November 2011 Doll Quilt Swap >

November 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

November 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

Old 12-05-2011, 08:02 PM

Hobbykat 1955 posted this on page 21 of the Nov doll quilt swap.

Took me an hr to figure out how to downsize...Hope this helps depending on you program...Go into your picture right from your computer...not from this site... I had to right click on the photo...see "SAVE AS"...click on that...you should now see block that shows "full size"...with the arrow...click on arrow and you'll see diff sizes...I did 25 % and trust me that's still lg when you put it on the site...but seems to be the smallest at least on my photoshop. Then save....Then you can go back into the QB and download..

I hope this helps everyone who needs to resize pictures.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by pattis47 View Post
I miss being here, but the aggrevation of the new site takes all the fun out of it. We had a little snowfall before Halloween, but since then it has just been cold, rainy, and just yucky. Since I don't have to shovel rain, I don't mind in the least. lol
I'm not sure if this will help you, but, I hope so.
Took me an hr to figure out how to downsize...Hope this helps depending on you program...Go into your picture right from your computer...not from this site... I had to right click on the photo...see "SAVE AS"...click on that...you should now see block that shows "full size"...with the arrow...click on arrow and you'll see diff sizes...I did 25 % and trust me that's still lg when you put it on the site...but seems to be the smallest at least on my photoshop. Then save....Then you can go back into the QB and download..

I hope this helps everyone who needs to resize pictures.

There are some new things over here now. But, there changing some things to, to make it easier.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:27 PM

Default resized?

well i tried to resize lets see if it worked // Hell no, silly me thinking it would work!
Attached Thumbnails pats-star-2010-resized.jpg  
Old 12-05-2011, 08:31 PM

well i tried to resize lets see if it worked // Hell no, silly me thinking it would work!
Omg, I'm sorry, But I am definitely laughing down here. Are you sure you hit "smaller"?
Old 12-05-2011, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
to post pictures,
1. type in reply, then click the Go Advanced (down on the right)
2. Then scroll down the page to Manage Attachments
3. browse your pictures, hit upload.
4. close the window
5. then submit the reply

I have a cappy camera right now and don't have to resize the pictures. But, someone else explained how to resize the pictures. I will look around and see if I can find it.

Hope this helps.
I can't resize my pictures either. I am considering not contuning with THIS board. They have sucked all the fun out of it. It is nothing but a headache.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:43 PM

I'm sorry ladies, I tried to help. I guess because my camera is so old and cheap it doesn't give me hassels posting. Of course the quality of the picture is kinda crappy, but, you have to use what you have. Maybe Santa will bring me a new one. I'm sad to loose any of you quilters.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:03 PM

Judy, I am so happy I made you laugh.......but Yep, reduced it to 25% twice.....all I have now is the corner of the background that appears to be blown up??????? I give up. I will just post on the other site, if anyone is interested they can look there because they have their act together! I am too old to fool with this crap!

Omg, I'm sorry, But I am definitely laughing down here. Are you sure you hit "smaller"?
Old 12-05-2011, 09:08 PM

If you want to post pics here, don't get a new camera!

I'm sorry ladies, I tried to help. I guess because my camera is so old and cheap it doesn't give me hassels posting. Of course the quality of the picture is kinda crappy, but, you have to use what you have. Maybe Santa will bring me a new one. I'm sad to loose any of you quilters.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by catrancher View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]293134[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]293135[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]293136[/ATTACH]
I received these lovely things from Muv in England yesterday. She sent me this sweet doll quilt, hand quilted, no less. Perfectly wonderful. Also included was a gorgeous postcard of a hot air balloon fiesta in Bristol and some beautiful earrings she made herself, including the clay baubles you see. Muv is obviously a very talented woman! And I have to acknowledge her generosity for stepping forward to be my partner when my assigned partner was MIA at the change over of the board. Thank you, Muv. It was great fun being your partner. It's always special to swap internationally. You should be receiving your quilt very soon. (I would post a picture here, but I want it to be a surprise!)
Muv, love your scrappy DQ! You are talented. Can't believe you made this earrings. Very nice!
Old 12-06-2011, 03:46 AM

Judy, I am so happy I made you laugh.......but Yep, reduced it to 25% twice.....all I have now is the corner of the background that appears to be blown up??????? I give up. I will just post on the other site, if anyone is interested they can look there because they have their act together! I am too old to fool with this crap!
Morning, Just a thought...did you click on SAVE when you did the 25 percent reduction...It's has become so frustrating on this site..between our posts being deleted because they don't like some comments or as they state complaints...had mine removed because I complained abt now all of a sudden with their new rules "not approved to sell"...posted books for sale never had a problem before but now my prices don't fit into their box...I ask a fair price under the 60 percent as I always did which included shipping but now that's not good enough. Now you either give free shipping or state it...And you have to price it according to what Amazon sells the book for not the original price you paid, then 60 off..Well if someone on Amazon has it used for 2.00 then are they telling me I have to ask 60 of that...Are they kidding me the books I'm selling I never even opened. brand new. Might as well post the books for free. Like you I'll sell on the other site and eventually move totally over there but for now I still like the DQ swaps with you ladies. But that's the only thing I'm doing and reading plus finishing up obligations to BOM's.