Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November/December 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!) >

November/December 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!)

November/December 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!)

Old 12-20-2009, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Janis
Originally Posted by Ninnie
there is another beauty that didn't come my way :roll:
But I know mine is in the works somewhere :-D
I fall in love with each one that is posted :shock:
Everyone is my newest favorite :lol: :lol:
I agree with you Ninnie. They are all very special quilts. It'd be hard to pick which one is my favorite so far. I know that the one I get WILL BE MY FAVORITE because it was made for me by a special quilter friend. :D :D :D :D

OK. You can tell I'm fairly new at this. Maybe the extra quotes can be taken off. I tried to deleat them, but can't. Anyway, what Ninnie said does bear repeating, but not a bunch of times by me. Sorry about that. Well, I could go back and deleat everything, but it wouldnt let me leave it empty, so I put in a :D .
Old 12-20-2009, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by quiltease

OOOH, I want to make one!!! I've seen a book at Joanns on French braid quilts. Is that what you used? If not, what was the name of the book, kit, leaflet, whatever, that had that beautiful pattern? Makes getting sick almost worth it just for the snuggle factor.
bev. :]
Hi Bev -- The book I used is French Braid Quilts by Jane Hardy Miller, C&T Publishing, 2006. She gives great instructions. I had no problems making the large one...many different quilts in the book, too. Very inspiring!!! So glad you like it!! Janice
Old 12-20-2009, 09:02 PM

And I don't have my little quilt yet, either, so am anxiously awaiting my surprise!!! Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait,.........
Old 12-20-2009, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Janis
Oh shoot!!! That means it's not mine. :-( :-( :-( But, I'm sure I'll like mine just as well. :D :D :D :D
Sorry Janis...maybe one of the swaps I will get your name....wouldn't it be funny, Janice sending to Janis!!! I would love it!!
Old 12-20-2009, 09:26 PM

That would be fun. I've been coresponding with Bev, and told her when the Nov-Dec swap sign-up started as she was too late to get in the Oct. one. She wrote back 'maybe we'll get each other' And I got her to make the quilt for. It was fun to know someone that I was making it for as I hadn't been on here long enough to know too many. Since then, I've read a lot more of what others have posted and can say I know a little more about some of them.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:09 PM

It is so fun getting to recognize the names and their personalities a little.

My person to get my quilt is not much on this board that I see....maybe I just don't look at the same topics as she does. Anyway, that's just fine...I hope she feels welcomed by getting my quilt. Not everyone is as chatty as some of us!! TEEHEE!!! :mrgreen:
Old 12-21-2009, 06:21 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jljack
My person to get my quilt is not much on this board that I see....maybe I just don't look at the same topics as she does. Anyway, that's just fine...I hope she feels welcomed by getting my quilt. Not everyone is as chatty as some of us!! TEEHEE!!! :mrgreen:
Chatty????? Oh my...now just WHO on earth could you possibly be referring to????

:shock: :lol: :lol: 8-) Anyway...I always kinda cheat a little...I look at the person's profile, then look at the topics they started...then read all their posts. I do really feel like I know them...well, that is if they post more than just a few times. :lol:
Old 12-21-2009, 09:12 AM

Teacup - your quilt is so beautiful! I love the flowers coming out of the snow.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Originally Posted by jljack
Chatty????? Oh my...now just WHO on earth could you possibly be referring to????

:shock: :lol: :lol: 8-) Anyway...I always kinda cheat a little...I look at the person's profile, then look at the topics they started...then read all their posts. I do really feel like I know them...well, that is if they post more than just a few times. :lol:
Pat!!!! You are a crack-up!!! That's a good idea to find out about your person....I didn't think of looking at her posts...I'll go back and look. A little late now since the little quilt is on it's way. But, at least I'll know a little more about the lady who is getting the little Frenchy!!!
Old 12-21-2009, 02:24 PM
Power Poster

Not chatty? Well that leaves me out. (Pouting) lol