Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November/December 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!) >

November/December 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!)

November/December 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!)

Old 11-04-2009, 12:50 PM

Please allow me to join in the fun if I'm not to late. I would like to only make one traditional doll. Thanks, Gwyn
Old 11-04-2009, 12:52 PM

E scuse me :oops: :oops: :oops: I thought it said the Doll swap, not the doll quilt swap. I already have my partner and everything for the doll quilt swap. :oops: :oops: Gwyn
Old 11-04-2009, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
E scuse me :oops: :oops: :oops: I thought it said the Doll swap, not the doll quilt swap. I already have my partner and everything for the doll quilt swap. :oops: :oops: Gwyn
It's OK. I have you added to the doll swap.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:11 PM

So, when will we open our packages? Will we have an online party or whenever we get them?

I would love love love anything someone choses to send me! With all this discussion on whether to make anything or a specific something made with me in mind- I thought I would throw that out there. (Although I do love birds. )

This is such a fun swap! I am sending my parters package out soon, I am adding treats.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:14 PM

Partner's** I can spell! Lol!
Old 11-04-2009, 06:39 PM

I only swapped last month, but I enjoyed it so much. I !!NEVER!! would have been able to do what my partner did. So I am thrilled to have something that is her taste and ideas. I am so easy to please, as long as someone "thought" about it and made it for little ole me....I will be thrilled.
I will say that I love any and all of it, but if my partner happens to want to do a Christmas quilt that is fine by me too. I may not have it out long in the Living Room, but it will hang in my qulting room all year. So seasonal doesn't matter.....smiles

Thanks so much for everyone just being so wonderful. No one needs to stress about it in this loving group....
Tracy
Old 11-04-2009, 06:55 PM

I JUST got an idea!
There are two sides to the quilt!
I can make two little quilts and put one on each side!
Thank you all for your input :!: :!:
didn't know I was looking, did you?????? ROFLOL
Old 11-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Banned

Are we going to post pictures before we send them or do we post pictures after we get them?
I just don't know the rules..and I guess it wouldn't matter if we posted ahead of time because no one knows who goes where..but don't want to jump the gun at all.....but i have mine done and I will mail it out this week sometime..I just couldn't wait to try out a doll quilt..I thought I would start it today and then work on it over time......BAHAHAHAHAHA! I finished it because I needed to see how it would turn out... :oops:
Old 11-04-2009, 07:04 PM

overachiever! LOL
I have learned to take a picture of the quilt before it leaves in case the recipient doesn't have the tools to post a picture. But, I think we have to wait until January 1 to post pictures ... cuz nobody gets to open their quilts until I get mine 8)

Originally Posted by charismah
Are we going to post pictures before we send them or do we post pictures after we get them?
I just don't know the rules..and I guess it wouldn't matter if we posted ahead of time because no one knows who goes where..but don't want to jump the gun at all.....but i have mine done and I will mail it out this week sometime..I just couldn't wait to try out a doll quilt..I thought I would start it today and then work on it over time......BAHAHAHAHAHA! I finished it because I needed to see how it would turn out... :oops:
Old 11-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Banned

When we send our DQ to our partner, do we let them know who it's from, or are we still supposed to remain anonymous? As if we couldn't tell where most of them are from!