Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November/December 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!) >

November/December 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!)

November/December 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!)

Old 11-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gaigai
Originally Posted by Rhonda
[Now now Gai you're supposed to say I'm darn good and I know it!!! You need to be positive and hold your head up proudly!! You're a quilter after all!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, but Rhonda, not all of us (meaning me) are as talented as you are!!

:-P
I'm just farther in my quilting journey than you are that's all! I was awful when I started. If you compare me at the same stage you are now there wouldn't be any comparison! I've seen your work and you have nothing to be ashamed of!! You have to remember I have been quilting for 30 years and the last 11 years I have worked on my quilting every day all day and have filled orders so I had a crash course in quality because of the lady I sell to. She has guided my decisions so my stuff would look better to sell. So I had a leg up so to speak.

That is all I want to do is pass it on! But your quilting is nothing to sneeze at!! You do beautiful work!
Old 11-30-2009, 05:54 PM

Mine is boxed and ready to head north tomorrow :lol:

Some more amazing quilts posted...I can't wait to see which one heads my way.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai
Originally Posted by sandpat
Just call me a worry wart Gai.....It could have fallen apart for all I know...I did find a little piece of it on my sewing room carpet today.... :oops:

Naw, that was just a scrap that the horses snorted in! LOL And I understand about the worry wart thing. Don't we all agonize over the reaction our quilts will get, when if we were REALLY honest with ourselves we know that they will definitely be loved no matter what? I'm guilty! Mainly because I feel that I'm the impostor in this group of wonderful quilters!
gai.. don't tell anyone, but I feel that same exact way!!

Speaking of quilts.. (like what else would we talk about in here). I'm going to be sending mine tomorrow.. or Wed at the latest.. depends if I can get all my errands/running around like a chicken with my head cut off done! My quilt will be going to... _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _. (yes, this is hangman). :lol: :lol:
Old 11-30-2009, 07:58 PM

GaiGai -- I got your quilt to day and you obviously don't know the meaning of the word "imposter". I am completely humbled after seeing your workmanship. Maybe I need a refresher course in Quilting 101. (BTW - pix of your DQ will be posted soon.)
Old 11-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Banned

Aw, Nancy, you are too sweet! I'm glad you like it, it was fun to make!
Old 11-30-2009, 08:50 PM

SANDPAT....it is here!!!
I am so sorry to make you worry about the delivery. We had Thanksgiving with the family on Sat. so it messed up all of my free time for the weekend... LOL!!! I am just now getting on the net....

I was so excited. I did not know what the package was. I kept telling hubby I hadn't ordered anything off eBay....can't even tell you if it came Fri or Sat.....

Well, as soon as I realized I had a "squishy" it hit me. I ripped in and was so shocked. I have never seen anything like it! I spent oodles of time analyzing how it was made and I am just baffled that anyone can do it!

It is a santa with an overlay of thin material quilted on top of the whole thing. And the quilting is REMARKABLE....it is all little holly leaves. Santa even has a twinkle in his eye!!
The family all took time to pass it around and oooh and aaah over it.

Sandpat did a great job and I am thrilled with my Santa. I am sure it will be a Christmas tradition here. She has been dying to get her pix posted and her camera was on the blink before she shipped. I will post a pix tomorrow since it is about Midnight here now and I'm not sure I have the brain power left to do it before sleeping....

Tracy C in SC
Old 11-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
GaiGai -- I got your quilt to day and you obviously don't know the meaning of the word "imposter". I am completely humbled after seeing your workmanship. Maybe I need a refresher course in Quilting 101. (BTW - pix of your DQ will be posted soon.)
See See Gai!!! I told you sooooo!!!! And I haven't even seen the DQ yet! But I know it will be great!

Nancy I can't wait to see what you got!!
Old 11-30-2009, 09:57 PM

OK -- so when is the next DQ swap?????
Old 11-30-2009, 11:30 PM

Tracy...it sounds really pretty!
Got picture???
Old 12-01-2009, 02:39 AM

I'm having trouble.I'm haveing a hard time with this doll quilt I'm making for Chirstmas. First I used a iron on batting that someone gave me. Well half way threw my hand quilting it came apart on me so I had to go back and pin. Now I 'm on the boarders and the quilt has puckers all over it. I jusrt want to throw it out now and start over.As a matter of fact I am starting over. Give this one to my dogs.