Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November/December 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!) >

November/December 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!)

November/December 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!)

Old 10-29-2010, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana
Ms Grace you lovely embroidery gives me an idea too....hmmmm

Thank you. It's my "Sweet Shoppe" :)
Old 10-29-2010, 08:26 AM

I'm afraid my little quilt I will be making, when I get to it, will be a disappointment compared to all the sneak peaks we are getting here and then it won't be done until mid to later November so will be considered 'late'.
I liked it better when we are completely surprised by what everyone makes and who their partner is and not rushing to be the first to send or receive. Kind of takes the surprise element out of it.
Just my 2-cents worth.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by wvdek
I'm afraid my little quilt I will be making, when I get to it, will be a disappointment compared to all the sneak peaks we are getting here and then it won't be done until mid to later November so will be considered 'late'.
I liked it better when we are completely surprised by what everyone makes and who their partner is and not rushing to be the first to send or receive. Kind of takes the surprise element out of it.
Just my 2-cents worth.
You're not the only one who hasn't started and mine too won't be mailed until at least the first of Dec.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:40 PM

I wouldn't worry guys because this is a surprise November and december. so you have two months to do it. If I understand correctly, We haven't even gotton are partners names yet. I'm a newbie to the doll quilt swap and was too, way too excited so I started right away. Don't let my enthusiasium (sp) put a dammper on anyone!!!!! I'm sure if I recieved yours wvdek I would LOVE it!!! sometimes simple is elequent!! It's just a nice thing to get something someone has put love into!! We are suppose to enjoy this not compare with each other.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:09 PM

I agree with the above reply. I'm STILL working on my Oct. doll quilt, and it won't be mailed out any too early. I'm still thinking of what I want to do, and will be looking at my person's profile and see if I can do something that they would like as well as I do. It's fun to try and make something that the other person will really like.
I'm just thrilled that someone is making something for me!!! It's like Christmas when someone sends me something they made. If any one in my family does any kind of craft, I never get any of their things, because they know I can make it myself, so they don't bother making it for me, but make things for others. Ya, I know I sound like a broken record, but that's how it is in my family. So this family is my sharing family, someone here makes something for me and I do the same for them! This is a fun family to belong to. I appreciate anything someone here makes for me, and each thing I get is special because it was made for ME!
Old 10-29-2010, 03:48 PM

I combined months for November and December exactly for this reason. No rush, no stress, no sad faces. It's a busy time of year for most and I'm all about keeping the fun in this swap. If it's not going to be fun, I quit. :P

If you don't want to see progress pictures, check back to the thread later. I thought progress pictures might keep the swap alive and jumping while we all create over the next two months. From what I've seen so far, this swap is going to be spectacular as usual! So have fun everyone. I can see that quite a few of you are already having a blast!
Old 10-29-2010, 03:56 PM

Yes I agree with you Janis. My family is the same way. They say please make me a quilt but do they make you something oh no.Do they even buy you some kind of homemade craft maybe at a craft show.Oh no they don't. Their is such a good feeling here to be with others who have the same interests as you do. I enjoy making the little quilts and the blocks for the monthly quilting bee. To give to someone who will cherish my homemade gift. And I love to wait and see what my pal will make for me. This is a special place and I'm glad I'm part of this board.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by simplecomforts
Yes I agree with you Janis. My family is the same way. They say please make me a quilt but do they make you something oh no.Do they even buy you some kind of homemade craft maybe at a craft show.Oh no they don't. Their is such a good feeling here to be with others who have the same interests as you do. I enjoy making the little quilts and the blocks for the monthly quilting bee. To give to someone who will cherish my homemade gift. And I love to wait and see what my pal will make for me. This is a special place and I'm glad I'm part of this board.
AMEM! It's really a nice feeling to belong isn't it!!
Old 10-29-2010, 04:13 PM

Yes it is. And I'm glad to be here.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Janis
I agree with the above reply. I'm STILL working on my Oct. doll quilt, and it won't be mailed out any too early. I'm still thinking of what I want to do, and will be looking at my person's profile and see if I can do something that they would like as well as I do. It's fun to try and make something that the other person will really like.
I'm just thrilled that someone is making something for me!!! It's like Christmas when someone sends me something they made. If any one in my family does any kind of craft, I never get any of their things, because they know I can make it myself, so they don't bother making it for me, but make things for others. Ya, I know I sound like a broken record, but that's how it is in my family. So this family is my sharing family, someone here makes something for me and I do the same for them! This is a fun family to belong to. I appreciate anything someone here makes for me, and each thing I get is special because it was made for ME!
Oh I agree with you 100%, I have a step-daughter and she wants me to make quilts for her five kids, ( 11-1 yrs of age) But she never has really had anything to do with me or for me the whole 24 yrs I've been with her dad. Her kids don't call me Grandma, I don't think so. I love to give handmade gifts, but now I only give them to bery special friends & family. These doll quilts mean the world to me. ( Of coarse my Granddaughter Rayna love to look at them as well.
Thanks so much.