Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November/December 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!) >

November/December 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!)

November/December 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!)

Old 12-31-2010, 03:40 PM

My My!~ I have been going through the pages and ooOOooing and Ahhhhing at the cutest little quilts. This has been a fun swap and with the Holiday I think we did ourselves up well! Happy New Year Everyone and may the New Year bring good health, wealth and happiness to each.. Love Ya All!

roseOfsharon
Old 12-31-2010, 03:56 PM

Wow kysmommy2! That is so cute! Fantastic!

ETA: Same to you sharon! And to all of you!
Old 12-31-2010, 04:23 PM

Love the gingerbread men in the snow, very adorable. Great job Kysmom.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by sapdoggie
I received a great snowman quilt from Janis :!: :!: :!:

Thank you so-o-o-o much, especially for including the grand kids in the quilt pattern.

I am off to work, but will post a picture later tonight.

Merry Christmas :!: :!: :!: :!:
Would you believe we got each other in this swap!! And we thought alike. We both did quilts with snow people and snowflakes in them! Mine was here waiting for me when we got home from celebrating Christmas with our youngest daughter and her family.
Marion made a darling little quilt of 3 squares by 5 squares and quilted snowballs in the white squares and embroidered a snow flake and a snow man in the navy squares. The other squares are of the prettiest snowflake material. she also sent some Fabric Fun pastel dye sticks which I want to try out soon and see what I can do with them. They look like fun to work with.
I'm hoping she can post pictures of both of our quilts.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
Originally Posted by zyxquilts
I am just about to hop in the car to take my DQ to the post office & send it to it's new home for the new year!
Two months and of course, here I am on the last day....ain't that always the way?

Happy New Year DQ Swappers!
Is it coming way north? Hope, hope, hope! :-D

HAPPY, HAPPY SEWING IN 2011!
Well, it's going EAST....but since I'm in CA, I'm not saying HOW FAR east....! :wink:
Old 12-31-2010, 10:18 PM

:) Thanks for all the comments! It was my first time using yo-yo's as embellishments and I just thought they added so much! Glad you can enjoy it year-round daisydoodle!!
Originally Posted by Daisydoodle
Originally Posted by kysmommy2
THANKS!!! I am SEW glad you like it! :)

Originally Posted by Daisydoodle
Originally Posted by kysmommy2
I mailed mine out yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's coming to a state that starts with a T!! :) SO excited!
I received my DQ yesterday as well!! THANK YOU SO MUCH, DaisyDoodle! It is SO PRETTY! I took pics and will upload later today to show you all this gorgeous quilt. I LOVE pinks and greens and those are the main colors!! SO HAPPY!
Posting yours tomorrow, what a beautiful job! Going to hang in the sewing room, not just around Christmas. You did awsome!
This is the quilt from Kysmommy2, Three little snowmen all in a row. Such a good quilter, love all the detail touches and the FM quilting is beautiful. Thank you so much!!
Old 01-01-2011, 05:12 AM

Maybe south east to me...I am still stalking the mail man:)
Happy New Year, all!

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
I am just about to hop in the car to take my DQ to the post office & send it to it's new home for the new year!
Two months and of course, here I am on the last day....ain't that always the way?

Happy New Year DQ Swappers!
Is it coming way north? Hope, hope, hope! :-D

HAPPY, HAPPY SEWING IN 2011!
Well, it's going EAST....but since I'm in CA, I'm not saying HOW FAR east....! :wink:
Old 01-01-2011, 03:28 PM

Wow, haven't been online for a week and there is so many pretty Dolls Quilts at their new homes. What a fantastic variety of quilts, all beautifully done. This was my first Dolls Quilt swap and I have loved making a dolls quilt, receiving one back and joining in the fun of seeing all the other quilts weaving their way around the world to new places.

Can't wait to get on with my January Swap Quilt. :)
Old 01-01-2011, 07:49 PM

Well, Happy New Year!!! It's 7:45 p.m. on New Year's Day in Central California. We had some more rain today.

Guess what....my little quilt went in the mail (finally!! WHEW!!) yesterday Dec 31. I don't like to be on the last day, but this virus I've had has kept me on the couch and out of the sewing room.

But I am so happy with how it came out. I want to say who it's going to.....but I won't. This poor partner of mine has been faithfully keeping watch for the mailman, but so far nothing!! Well, hopefully by middle of next week it will arrive in Florida. I was going to put up a pic of it, but for some reason my camera won't connect to my computer tonite. Clueless as to why...tried and retried several times...never had a problem before. So, if I don't post one up in a couple of days, please, dear partner, be sure to put up the picture as soon as you get the quilt.

This has been a really great swap...all the quilts are soooooo sew beautiful, clever, wonderful!!!

Happy New Year, and God's blessings on each family represented here. Thanks for being such great friends!! Janice
Old 01-02-2011, 02:45 PM

I got a wonderful quilt from Lorraine. Thank you so much! I hope to post pictures of it soon. It is a beautiful blue & white quilt! I am sorry I haven't posted sooner, I got it on Thursday..