Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November Pincushion/Needlecase Swap - Maker's Choice - Anything Goes >

November Pincushion/Needlecase Swap - Maker's Choice - Anything Goes

November Pincushion/Needlecase Swap - Maker's Choice - Anything Goes

Old 11-18-2015, 01:38 PM

I am sorry but I am running very late with my Pin cushion / needle case swap. I have had a 70th birthday celebration for DH to prepare for and have family home and now my cousin & her husband have been with us for this week. We are to take them back to Brisbane tomorrow and then I have an embroidery machine software workshop on Saturday and will be home again on Sunday. I had hoped to have it finished in in the mail today but I fear that is not going to happen so at the latest it will be in the mail on Monday and I will send it by international express mail, so hopefully it will arrive in the US quickly. I did manage to get my other swaps off nice and early but this one is suffering as I have had no time to sew. All will be back to normal (what ever that is!!!) come late Sunday.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:52 PM

Pictures of my DH's Birthday. No I didn't ice the cake, I had to buy some time!
Attached Thumbnails stans-cake.jpg   stan-i.jpg  
Old 11-18-2015, 01:53 PM

Nan62 sent me a beautiful swap.I love it Love the story behind the purple fabric. I got handcream plus candy!! Purple themed pc and nc. THANK YOU!
Old 11-18-2015, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
This is the swap I sent to IreneC She received it last week and was going to post a picture. I don't know what happened. Probably just life. She was new to this swap. So here is the pc and nb.First picture is a tissue holder, needlecase and one side of pin cush. The second is the other side of pin cush and inside of needlecase. Third is some earrings,candy and candle .She thanked me and was very sweet in her PM.
Mary I so apologize, life did happen to me last week, I had to put several things on hold for the rest of the weekend. I was able to post photos for Karen T. for the November secret pal swap last night, whom I also received last Wednesday. When I got to yours the photos did not load up, had such a hard time. I thought I'd try again to day, but you beat me to it. I am sorry it was not my intention to not post. Every thing was lovely, all the details you put into it with making the special boxes for the some of the items, even the candy was wrapped in fall paper. The ear rings are lovely, can't wait to use them. Love the pin cushion with the button fabric and the purple needle case, my fave color....can't wait to use this. My fave is the tissue holder, love it with it's cute thread spool buttons. Thank you for loading the photos, I still can't load the ones I took of yours....I was getting ready to retake them. Again my apologies.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:31 PM

Mary, those scissor earrings are just darling! Your entire package was awesome.

Jan
Old 11-18-2015, 05:21 PM
Power Poster

BettyJ, love the cake. What a beautiful couple you two are. My husband had his 78th Birthday in sept. I still think he is handsome. I'm gonna post a picture of my great grandson and him. Lane went hunting for the first time sunday. He doesn't handle a gun as he is only going on 8. He's learning safety and to sit still and watch. Irene I only posted to fill in some dead time on here while we are waiting for more swaps to come in. Don't feel bad. Life happens. Everyone have a good evening.
Attached Thumbnails dscf0355.jpg  
Old 11-18-2015, 05:27 PM

Love the pictures! Betty, you and your DH make a great couple! And Mary! What a handsome DH and great grandson!
Old 11-18-2015, 06:47 PM

I love the pictures! Thanks to everyone who is posting them. Great grandson is a cutie! Love him in that huge vest! lol Grandpa is not too bad either! (wink wink)

Betty you and your husband make a very sweet couple. The cake looks wonderful and I hope his birthday was a happy one!

The pictures of the swaps (no matter who posts them) are really appreciated I really enjoy seeing what everyone sends!
Old 11-18-2015, 07:19 PM

I'm posting a picture of the swap I sent Linda Dugas as she asked me to do. She's our purple person so it's fun doing those things for her. Besides the needle case and pincushion in wool which I got from the Houston international quilt show , I sent her a fat quarter of fabric I received from a lady who had passed. Having no children her nephews passed her fabric collection to me. This FQ was one of those pieces ( now 75 yrs old) I made a French roses quilt centering [ATTACH=CONFIG]536038[/ATTACH]around that fabric and had some left. Of course it's my pleasure to share it with a quilting friend who loves purple.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 11-18-2015, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Betty J View Post
Pictures of my DH's Birthday. No I didn't ice the cake, I had to buy some time!

Good to see a picture of my Oct partner. . So very sweet.