Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (Partners Assigned!) - Signup Closed >

October 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (Partners Assigned!) - Signup Closed

October 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (Partners Assigned!) - Signup Closed

Old 10-23-2009, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh lovely quilts ladies! I am sooo excited about them all! Does it make me greedy to say I'd love to have them all? I'm still pacing by the mailbox for mine :wink:
Hopefully it will be there in the next couple of days!! :oops:
But I have not yet received mine either, so we are even!!!
I will get out the tracking number tomorrow morning and see if I can find out where it is!
Old 10-23-2009, 04:55 PM
Banned

Great quilts everyone. I just fnished sewing mine for Nellie today. I need to quilt and bind then it should go in the mail the beginning of next week.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:22 PM
Power Poster

Such a stunning quilt Rhonda!!! Ninnie your hand quilting is awesome :D :D :D
Old 10-23-2009, 05:27 PM

wow more beauties today!!!!
Old 10-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Power Poster

Thanks Amma and everyone for the kind words. I just love mine from Ninnie. She did a great job on that stitching!
Old 10-23-2009, 05:43 PM

Ninnie, I've seen whole cloth stitching on white, but not on any colors. Is it all hand quilted. That's too large to put in an Emb Machine hoop, I think. At any rate, however you did it, it's fantastic.

Isn't it fun to create something for someone & they don't know what they get until they open it miles away? You also did this while you were working on the Navy & white. Do you have a Speed-o-meter on your? If so it must be broke. You & Eddie are turning them out faster than I can read. Zip, zip....
Old 10-23-2009, 05:50 PM

Yes, the dress is Dresdan panels.with a bit of poly-fil in middle panels so-as the skirt does not lay flat. The flowers are tiny yo's yo's and I tacked them down with brown embroidery thread. but the neat thing was that both of us mailed on the same day...& I had the orange & bgown theme as my 2nd choice of colors....but I love to make these doll quilts.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sheila Elaine
Ninnie, I've seen whole cloth stitching on white, but not on any colors. Is it all hand quilted. That's too large to put in an Emb Machine hoop, I think. At any rate, however you did it, it's fantastic.

Isn't it fun to create something for someone & they don't know what they get until they open it miles away? You also did this while you were working on the Navy & white. Do you have a Speed-o-meter on your? If so it must be broke. You & Eddie are turning them out faster than I can read. Zip, zip....
It is all hand quilted, no sewing. I wanted to do something for Rhonda that I knew she wouldn't do for herself,and I love hand quilting. It takes a while to do one, but they are soooo much fun to do!!
Old 10-23-2009, 05:53 PM

Faye, I loved your DQ w/Southern Belle. It is super.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ninnie
Originally Posted by Sheila Elaine

It is all hand quilted, no sewing. I wanted to do something for Rhonda that I knew she wouldn't do for herself,and I love hand quilting. It takes a while to do one, but they are soooo much fun to do!!
Ninnie there is no way! I'd have the skill to do that! I love it! I admire anyone who can do the hand quilting. I can seam by hand but have never gotten the hang of hand quilting. You are marvelous at it! It looks so perfectly stitched!