Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October 2011 Doll Quilt Swap >

October 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

October 2011 Doll Quilt Swap

Old 10-29-2011, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
here is the gorgeous quilt from quilting crazy~! i forgot to take a picture of the horseshoe, but it is hanging in my kitchen for good luck! ever since my kitchen witch died i've had a hard time cooking well. but i can appreciate beauty!
beautiful
Old 10-29-2011, 08:55 PM

Isn't it amazing how creative some of these quilters are?
Old 10-30-2011, 01:19 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Judith1005
Originally Posted by Krystyna
I also see that my partner received the doll quilt I sent her, so here's a photo. I saw in her profile that she liked cats. Hope she liked this one in all it's sparkly splendor! It's not a Halloween quilt, but I just loved the scared cat with it's hair coming out. :-D
Yep, yet another Krystyna oddity -- but I have to say that the folks around here who saw it really liked it.
Krystyna, as much as i love all the sparkleys and different cats on this quilt...(and i do love the sparkleys). I fell in love with you June 2011 "No matter what I do it's always a little strange" quilt. I love your quilts. They're so artsy and free. So kudos on the kitties.

:D
Thanks so much. And sorry I'm late in thanking your for your kind comment. For some reason I haven't been getting email notices for the thread and now have a LOT of catching up to do! And who knows what strange thing my machines will spit out next? I spent the morning slicing and stitching what I thought was going to be a Christmas runner. SURPRISE! I now have eight pin cushions. :shock:
Old 10-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by TangleJaw
Ok, pics are in order,
Love this quilt and the colors. It seems to have the very best of that Autumn glow.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:24 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by catrancher
I just received this quilt from my swap partner, AKDaffyodil. We had agreed to give one another quilts with cats, and this is the one she made for me. Is this cute, or what? I just love it! Thank you, partner!
Oh my goodness! This one make me laugh out loud! What a wonderfully funny quilt.

And looking at the last 15 pages I missed, all I can say is WOW! What a talented bunch of quilters. Dragonfly Nana, you are amazing. The sewing machine, the horse, and all of the simply beautiful traditional pieced doll quilts are fabulous. I just wish we had a thread of "just pictures" to go back to for inspiration.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:20 PM

If I get time this week, I'll revive the Flickr gallery of doll quilts for this month. I love seeing them all together too!
Old 10-30-2011, 02:25 PM
Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Chele
If I get time this week, I'll revive the Flickr gallery of doll quilts for this month. I love seeing them all together too!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 10-30-2011, 02:55 PM

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
oh, krystyna, your new avatar is cheerful. but, i miss the other one. i always wondered about it. i didn't know anything about it till it was mentioned in the secret pal swap. this one is going to take some getting used to. :D I just always asscoiated the other one with you. :-)
Old 10-30-2011, 03:00 PM

that will be fun, i enjoy going over to look at them. there all so pretty. :D
Old 10-30-2011, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Judith1005
I also see that my partner received the doll quilt I sent her, so here's a photo. I saw in her profile that she liked cats. Hope she liked this one in all it's sparkly splendor! It's not a Halloween quilt, but I just loved the scared cat with it's hair coming out. :-D
Yep, yet another Krystyna oddity -- but I have to say that the folks around here who saw it really liked it.
Krystyna, as much as i love all the sparkleys and different cats on this quilt...(and i do love the sparkleys). I fell in love with you June 2011 "No matter what I do it's always a little strange" quilt. I love your quilts. They're so artsy and free. So kudos on the kitties.

:D
Thanks so much. And sorry I'm late in thanking your for your kind comment. For some reason I haven't been getting email notices for the thread and now have a LOT of catching up to do! And who knows what strange thing my machines will spit out next? I spent the morning slicing and stitching what I thought was going to be a Christmas runner. SURPRISE! I now have eight pin cushions. :shock:
would that include the "turkey" pin cushions.:roll: (lol)