Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: October 2013 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap (Full and Closed)

LOVE the mushroom! I just want to pinch it and feel it, funny.

Blog Entries
    Jean, it pinches nicely and is just so darn cute. there's a cauldron, broom, and spider web by one window, and a black cat and pumpkin by the other window, it's just so darling. I love it.
    thanks again IDQ.

Back to the real world, now all I have to do is catch up on my sleep, and stop waking up at 4 a.m. the past two mornings and not being able to get back to sleep.

Well, my little chickadees, looks like everything is going splendidly. I checked over the postings and seems as if most of the cushions have been mailed. One of the gals, who hasn't posted on the thread, has received one of her cushions but not acknowledged receiving it, and hasn't notified me that she sent anything. I know there are still 5 days for mailing, and hope all is well with her.

If anyone is having a problem please let me know by PM. Thanks.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

dluvs2quilt sent me a wonderful pincushion, and the fabric is great! Love it, Diane, thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Judy, nice cushion, love the fabric. so I guess sign up will start soon. hope we get a bunch of people this time.

Great pincushions everyone is making! I received yesterday (but didn't check my mail until today. ) a great package from jamimclaugh. She made me a giant turtle! Wahoo! Thanks Jami! She must have seen my post on this thread about stuffed animals as pincushions. She is so cute! See how she is smiling at me?

Name:  Oct 13 pc swap - rec'd from jamimclaugh3.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  760.3 KBName:  Oct 13 pc swap - rec'd from jamimclaugh2.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  453.0 KB

I also received a crochet candy corn stuffed with walnut hulls for sharpening and two halloween potholders.
    Name:  Oct 13 pc swap - rec'd from jamimclaugh.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  931.2 KB
    Everyone look and be envious LOL.
    I love quilting - it's cheaper than therapy!
    Swap Items
    Boom 10

IrelandDragonQuilting - did you make those adorable Halloween pins for lynnie? Spill the beans - enquiring minds want to know! LOL.
    Swap Items
    Boom 10

Blog Entries
    hey rosie, nice turtle. i had to find out if she made them too. they are a treasure for sure. even my dh commented on them. i can't find things like that around here. i'm hoping i find the right place in the city to find them. they are just darling.

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_Rosebud View Post
    IrelandDragonQuilting - did you make those adorable Halloween pins for lynnie? Spill the beans - enquiring minds want to know! LOL.
    Nope, I buy them from Ebay, Oriental Trading Post, and Hobby Lobby I just glue them onto the pin
    Last edited by IrelandDragonQuilting; 10-21-2013 at 02:46 PM.
    Resolve to be thyself, and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery. Mathew Arnold 'Self-Dependence' 1822-1888

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    Beautiful personalized pincushion. Very thoughtful!! I love the candy corn, but that tends to be my downfall during this season... candy corn. hehehehe

Was the turtle a pattern?? She is super cute!
    Resolve to be thyself, and know, that he who finds himself, loses his misery. Mathew Arnold 'Self-Dependence' 1822-1888

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    love that turtle! I have the pattern it just looked like-little parts. lol now I'm encouraged to try it! nice job Jamim
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

Blog Entries
    just made another turkey, so I have two now, whomever gets me, you're getting a roasted turkey for next month. i'm going to start on next month (December) later this evening.
    does anyone have any request ideas on this matter.I have a few ideas, but if you as a potential swap
    partner has an idea, i'd love to hear it, kind of like a challenge to make something new. happy sewing all.

Blog Entries
    so it's wed afternoon here 4:17 on long island. I can't believe no one got anything today for me to drool over. please, please show me some pictures. I need some inspiration. love looking at all everyone gets. even though it's not mine, I love sharing in the experience. thanks all

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  1.79 MBI received an adorable dress form in some beautiful fabric from old rosebud! Thank you so much! There was some extra fabric of that print and some skittles too! Love it!

The dress form is too too cute, Rosebud!!!

Don't forget, tomorrow is final mailing date, we have two pincushions and one needlecase that I haven't received info that they shipped.

And WHOO HOO sign ups start tomorrow, I'll post in the morning.

Blog Entries
    can't wait for sing ups. i'm ready to mail. hope at least one of my partners can take a pic of that darn old roaster.
    I'm thinking of going mainstream for December. haven't decided yet what I'm doing. but i'll put a twist on it. can't wait to see what all of you come up with for the next design.

Oh my goodness, look what JeanD sent me! I'm such a lucky girl!!! The Raggedy Ann and Andy needlecase is wonderful, I love it, but she also sent me some of her patterns -- there is a pattern with the wooden buttons to add to the finished piece. Love love love everything, Jean, thank you so much! And I think she made the little pins in the case, too. Are they polymer clay?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by paintmejudy; 10-24-2013 at 01:34 PM.

Thanks Judy, I am so sorry I forgot to pm you that I sent it! I was watching that deadline so close that - that is all I thought of! ALL of the buttons are high fire white stoneware clay- so they ARE breakable, Yes, I made those little tiny quilt blocks for pin cushions, I have also made different shapes, like tiny apples, flags, snowman,etc. I am planning on sending them with my pin cushions. I am trying to think up some patterns for some! Glad you liked everything. I know I love mine- thanks again.

What a cute needlecase! I love all the buttons too!
    Swap Items
    Boom 10

Blog Entries
    love the pins nd the buttons. high fire clay, how do you fire. do you have a kiln? love the needlecase and all the cute extras.

Argentium really really did a fab-u-less job on my PC! I love everything. She made me a 'cute' Halloween pumpkin. Just a warning - picture heavy to show all the goodies. There were some dark chocolates, a cute butterfly clip, and two beautiful pins. She also sent a couple of postcards from her home state. Thanks again Argentium!
    Name:  Oct 13 pc swap - butterfly clip and pc from argentium.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  98.3 KBName:  Oct 13 pc swap - pumpkin closeup.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  190.4 KBName:  Oct 13 pc swap - clip, chocolates and postcards.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  246.2 KBName:  Oct 13 pc swap - pins from argentium.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  187.9 KB
    Swap Items
    Boom 10

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    love the pins nd the buttons. high fire clay, how do you fire. do you have a kiln? love the needlecase and all the cute extras.
    Yes, you need a kiln and special clay. Not a cheap thing to get into, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Rosebud View Post
    Argentium really really did a fab-u-less job on my PC! I love everything. She made me a 'cute' Halloween pumpkin. Just a warning - picture heavy to show all the goodies. There were some dark chocolates, a cute butterfly clip, and two beautiful pins. She also sent a couple of postcards from her home state. Thanks again Argentium!
    I'm glad you liked everything! I actually got your pincushion Wednesday, it was waiting by the door when I dragged myself home from campus late late that night after a stint working on homework. It was a wonderful treat after a crappy day.

She's so cute! And yes, that is the perfect purple. I had to laugh that we both went for a witchy theme. Anyway, thank you so very much! I'm looking forward to the next time I set up the sewing machine so I can put her to good use.

Thank you all soooo much for being so prompt and mailing on time. This month is now closed out and completed. I will be on the November swap after today. Thanks, everyone, for making my first time hosting such an easy time.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast