Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Fat Quarter Swap :  Christmas/blenders and a side swap too! >

October Fat Quarter Swap : Christmas/blenders and a side swap too!

October Fat Quarter Swap : Christmas/blenders and a side swap too!

Old 10-26-2014, 07:16 PM

yahoo!!! did everyone finish here ? are you going to join for next month? please PM me I have sign up page posted now!
Old 10-27-2014, 09:06 AM

Hairquilt FINALLY received the 2nd set of reproductions today

Here is what I sent:

Attached Thumbnails photo-2.jpg  
Old 10-27-2014, 09:06 AM

Now I think we are done Brat! <3
Old 10-27-2014, 09:25 AM

I now have a way to post pics!!! LOL-I had DH take pic & send to tlambing email address & she posted to here! Love what she sent & no dups in my stash!Lucky me-I got the last one she had of the Kleenex holder. Is it not the cutest thing!~. It will go right next to my quilting chair ! Thank you So much-it was SO worth the wait!!
Old 10-28-2014, 04:20 AM

that is the cutest thing Hairquilt! wowsa. I used to not like the 40's fabric (ok 30's too) but it has been drawing me in. Now I want to make a quilt out of it with white. Probably cant keep it with all that white due to my partner and the cats but it would be so much fun to make one. I can gift it to someone and still get the joy of making it. a double fun event. in less I hoard it. tuck it safely away on my shelves and say no one can touch this! including me! lucky girl. I crave the pastels but that last red says Linda you love me... it might find its way into my stack. first I have to sneak over to Tersesa's house.. tip toe tip toe.. excuse me can I use your sewing room um I mean your restroom.. no no you stay outside and garden it wont take me a minute... yeah that's the ticket!
Old 10-28-2014, 11:56 AM

Brat,
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend... Sorry seems like so not enough to say, but is there really anything that's enough in that instance...
And you, my friend are too ornery to go anywhere! You're staying right here with usn's that loves ya!!

That lil shirt Kleenex holder is darling!
Kif
Old 10-31-2014, 06:27 AM

maybe I am too tired to go anywhere? lol. today is Halloween! I have to clean and carve my pumpkin. I do this whether or not we get trick or treaters. I have this need to. it wears me out but still that darned need thing lol. My big concern is getting the darned pumpkin out the front door and onto the little table outside all by myself. its heavy, its big and I am a gimp. we have this large step down out the front door. perhaps I will put it on the ground in side, then lift it when I am outside .. ugh. or I will get off my rear and get it carved and outside while Steve is still home. how to light it from indoors.. ok ok I will figure a way outside.

two more days for sign ups in the other swap! I hope all will show. I have two words to say on the smoking debate. If your TRULY allergic then let me know. If you truly do smoke even a tiny bit you have to let me know. I will take care that your pared up with people who are NOT truly allergic. If its a preference thing like for some then try to wash it first before sending it. package it immediately and there should be no troubles. Because you don't care for something is not the same as true allergies. I wish there were so many swappers it is a non issue to pair things up but with a dozen or so people who swap regularly its awfully hard to include and exclude someone due to what you love and don't. so be fair to everyone if you can. I hope that makes sense. And we are adults here. And we should talk about things to be sure everyone is good to go with this. I know a couple light smokers I know a couple with serious allergies so while I know this.. remind me ok? grin even I blow it. its true! I forget each month just glad to have made it through the last one without forgotten people or mistakes. I hope we get lots of players and each month is a breeze for all. phew... now can we drop that issue? send a PM with concerns each month and I will address them as they come!
Old 01-11-2015, 07:19 AM

This is looooong overdue, but I wanted to post what I made with Sheri's Christmas FQs! I love it! (That is my daughter modeling it...I am NOT that thin...too many Christmas cookies.)
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 01-11-2015, 02:56 PM

That's so pretty! And your daughter looks like a professional model!
I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to try and paste your pics over to the current fq swap, so everyone can see them.
Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 01-11-2015 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:38 PM

That's fine with me! Now that I think of it, this might be called the 4FQ Apron (though I made the ties with additional yardage because I wanted them longer). I have made so many of these! The pattern is free - I found it on Pinterest. Search for Four Fat Quarter Apron or just Fat Quarter Apron. Great to have on hand as gifts. Enjoy!