Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Postcard Swap, Come join the fun!! >

October Postcard Swap, Come join the fun!!

October Postcard Swap, Come join the fun!!

Old 10-08-2015, 05:23 PM
Power Poster

Hi Everyone!
I had one day mentioned to our very kind and helpful host that I was going soon for a mammogram for a little thing I found. I am sure it's nothing to be concerned about, but will be going Monday if I am correct. Anyway, today when I went to the post office there was a very pretty and thoughtful fabric post card she had made, and sent to me with lots of good wishes. So, I just wanted to show you the pretty post card in pink with a very special person on the front. Her name is Penelope. She is adorable. Oh! And by the way, this month is "Breast Cancer Awareness Month".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]532868[/ATTACH]

Thank you dear Judith.
Attached Thumbnails 100_3102-small-.jpg  
Old 10-08-2015, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
Hi Becky,

I use muslin for the backs of my card. I really like keeping the fabric theme. (But, to each his own. There is no WRONG way.) I also, use Peltex in the middle of my postcard to make it stiffer. I have tried using cardboard cut to size and fusible batting as the middle layer. And I still like Peltex best.

Betty J's idea of stiff felt is a very attractive idea. I just might explore this idea. Of course, I will need to do the Math as well. As the stiffer felt can only be bought in a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet that I know of. Still, that felt is really stiff. hmm, I just might need to give it a try on a demo card. I still would only use that as my center and muslin would be the backing.
Judith, I always use fabric on the back with stiff felt in between. I like to make the back look like the back of a real postcard with "POSTCARD" wording and a stamp and then I write the address of the recipient on the back with a fabric pen. Just makes it look a little more authentic, I think.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:43 PM

Judith, you are a wonderful person. Susan, best wishes headed your way. Hate those things!
Old 10-08-2015, 06:40 PM

Thank you Pam P.

JuneBillie, I'm glad you like Penelope. I just adore those little pink pigs. I'm a fan of "Wilbur". (Charlotte's Web) And, perfect for my pink theme.

BettyJ, I also put postcard and the line on the backs of my cards also. I really like the stamped ones also. But, I've never found the stamp. But, that's okay. I really don't need one. I'm sure my hand written stuff on the back does the job. But, I have received some ever so pretty cards with the backs stamped.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
Thank you Pam P.

JuneBillie, I'm glad you like Penelope. I just adore those little pink pigs. I'm a fan of "Wilbur". (Charlotte's Web) And, perfect for my pink theme.

BettyJ, I also put postcard and the line on the backs of my cards also. I really like the stamped ones also. But, I've never found the stamp. But, that's okay. I really don't need one. I'm sure my hand written stuff on the back does the job. But, I have received some ever so pretty cards with the backs stamped.
Judith, I machine embroider the back and I add a design to compliment the theme into the stamp. I had my local Post Office put their official stamp over my embroidered stamp and then it has the date and place of despatch on it. I just posted it in an envelope that was put into the express prepaid envelope.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:12 AM

That sounds lovely BettyJ. I have added you to my mailed list.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:10 AM

Judith I am mailing out your FPC this morning! Hope you like it!
Old 10-09-2015, 11:55 AM
Power Poster

Betty J, I decided to send yours tomorrow, because I changed around yours a bit so I am sending both your fabric post card tomorrow and my pincushion package for the other swap at the same time. I hope you like the card I am sending. You will have no doubts that it represents fall. lol....

I have also been reading how both you and Judith are doing your fabric post cards, and it sounds very interesting.
Betty J, after you mentioned how you have the post office put the official stamp on yours before you put it in the envelope helped a lot, so I will do that too if they don't give me any problems. I had never thought of that.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:54 PM

Owlvamp, those cards with the faces are especially appealing to me. Even though I don't do Halloween. Which means they transcend that event.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:12 PM

In the past 2 yrs, 3 of out cats died. I still miss them. We have a mini American Eskimo dog, about 14#. She went to the lake tonight with us to dinner. The season ends soon and they close Sunday, so we had to go support them. They were quite busy. There were 3 dogs out on the patio. If one started barking, the others joined in. Then there were many children on vacation, running and playing. That got the dogs barking also. A fun family atmosphere.

The boats are gone for the season. And it got pretty nippy for being such a warm day (high 80's). Want another ice cream before they close. Maybe Sunday.