Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Pink Ribbon squares - Closed >

Pink Ribbon squares - Closed

Pink Ribbon squares - Closed

Old 10-18-2009, 07:07 PM

Beautiful quilt girls! My hat is off to you all. Hope your DD is better real soon! I just saw this post so it's too late for a block.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:23 PM

I just seen this post myself .tolate for block but you'll done such a great jobon blocks.An you did a triffac job of putting them together Roserita
that is going to keep your daughter warm an very comfy when finished.god bless you an hope your daughter is doing better.you'll are in my prayers.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:01 PM

I'm sitting here teary eyed. What a lovely treasure and to think we had a part in it. Give your girl a big hug and let her know we are thinking of her and your family. Bless you for doing such a great job!
Old 10-20-2009, 04:14 AM

What a treasure you have put together...sew happy to be part of the cheer, my block is in one of the corners...guess I am part anchor and pray warrior.
hugs
JRSAY :D :-)
Old 10-20-2009, 04:26 AM

I am so thankful that Roserita was able to post pictures of the completed top. I still don't know how to do this. So, that's why I didn't post them before I mailed them to her.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by JRSAY
What a treasure you have put together...sew happy to be part of the cheer, my block is in one of the corners...guess I am part anchor and pray warrior.
hugs
JRSAY :D :-)
I'm sure they would appreciate an anchor friend and a prayer warrior.

Both of mine are right smack dab in the middle on either side of Melaine's block. Does that mean that I am in the middle of this? Just being a little lighthearted.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:48 AM

You are all equally special. The block are all beautiful, and so well made. My family is suprised that so many people care and would do such a thoughtful deed for their sister.

Melaine had her second round of chemo last week. Was under the weather this last weekend. She is losing her hair very fast, but has {as she said] a perky blond wig and the soft caps to wear at home. She plans on going back to work as soon as she feels better. The pictures of the blocks cheered her up, She is so thankful for your part in this project and will send you her thanks when I get the quilt to her.

Next, to quilt the quilt. The backing is ready so all I have to do is get the batting and pin baste it. Hope Joann's has something on sale. Any ideas on patterns for quilting are welcome. Should I do a overall pattern, or since the blocks are all different, use a variaty of patterns.

God bless you all.

Roserita
Old 10-20-2009, 10:17 AM

Dear what ever you do it will not take away from the quilt it's great works of art just the way it is an what ever you do it will stay that way.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:18 AM

Roserita - I just want to tell you what an honor it was to be part of this beautiful quilt. I will keep you & Mel in my prayers. You have put together the quilt blocks so beautifully and I'm so happy to know that Mel was cheered up by the quilt. As for quilting it...I know you'll do it justice :) :) whichever way you choose.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:58 PM

ALMOST DONE

Sorry I have not posted for a while. Fall work on the yard and garden and getting the house ready for winter have kept me busy.

I decided to do the quilting myself instead of sending it out. The long arm quilters around here are quite busy and they only do allover quilting.. By doing it myself I was able to treat each block seperately, which I think all your blocks deserved. I have one more block to quilt and then do the binding. I am happy on how it turned out and will post pictures later. My computor does not want to co-operate with pictures lately. It is going in for repair next week.

We will be going to Melaine's in Boise, ID for Thankgiving, so will then take the quilt to her.

I want to thank all of you again for your generosity, expert work and prayers. I hope some day I can help all of you as you have helped me through this.

My DD is doing well. The chemo makes her feel under the weather for a few days but then she perks up and can go back to work. She has now lost all her hair. She is looking forward to our visit and to see all your handy work. I know she will love it.

God bless you all. Will keep you posted. I will get a picture of her with the quilt and post when we come home from Boise.

Roserita