Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   **closed for sign up**. “Hear the roar of the Civil War….. With a side of TOT’s !!!!!!" June 2011- 10 1/2" layer cake Swap..Registration closed*** (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/%2A%2Aclosed-sign-up%2A%2A-%93hear-roar-civil-war%85-side-tot%92s-%22-june-2011-10-1-2%22-layer-cake-swap-registration-closed%2A%2A%2A-t127542.html)

luvTooQuilt 06-02-2011 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by oldcatlady
Okay...I'm new to the board so I'm going to ask a stupid question. Why is the swap called layer cake and are the members just exchanging pieces of fabric???

Only a stupid question if it's not asked.. Lol

Ok fabric manufactures have 'names' for specific cuts. Charms, jelly rolls, layer cakes, candy bars, etc . It just refers to the 'size'.. Layer cakes are 10 inches square... We however are making 10.5 inches just in case..

As for the swapping- each member signs up for sets.. One to six. Each set consists of twelve 10.5 squares from ONE yard of fabric .. Each yard has to be a different fabric than any of the others submitted. They are sent in to me and I swap ONE square for square. So what you get back is a set of 12 DIFFERENT 10.5 squares.. Clear as mud??

luvTooQuilt 06-02-2011 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
I'm still on the fence for this one. Things are really slow at work and the budget is getting tighter.

I completely understand.. But we will miss ya.. * sob.., cry.. sob..* :cry:

oldcatlady 06-02-2011 06:01 PM

Thanks for the info :) :) :)

luvTooQuilt 06-02-2011 07:00 PM

Dang.. I hate when I hit reply instead if edit!!

Whhoops my bad!!

Veronica 06-02-2011 07:41 PM

I'm in, not missing this one.
Look for my PM.

mamawants2bthin 06-02-2011 07:52 PM

There are Civil War repro's then there are Civil War inspired. Before I decide if I will join will the others know the difference because I sure will if I am not sent repros. Please let me know. Thank you!

luvTooQuilt 06-02-2011 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by mamawants2bthin
There are Civil War repro's then there are Civil War inspired. Before I decide if I will join will the others know the difference because I sure will if I am not sent repros. Please let me know. Thank you!

We are using both-- repros AND inspired.. I changed the swap to note that both are acceptable.

luvTooQuilt 06-02-2011 08:25 PM

Dang. Double posted again!! Ugh. My bad!!

oldswimmer 06-03-2011 05:29 AM

Ok, now I am confused. Guess I dont know what a Civil War inspired fabric is... ( a little artistic liscense maybe?)
Just tell me this, please. Would they all have the "feel" of civil war period fabrics? I guess I am not a purist at this point, so I dont think it will matter, but I am curious now. TIA!

jaciqltznok 06-03-2011 06:11 AM

would have loved to join in, but do to issues with the chemicals on the fabric ALL Of my fabrics are washed when they come home!