Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   **MEMBER SIGN-UP CLOSED** 5" I Spy Charm Swap ***MEMBER SIGN-UP CLOSED*** (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/%2A%2Amember-sign-up-closed%2A%2A-5%22-i-spy-charm-swap-%2A%2A%2Amember-sign-up-closed%2A%2A%2A-t69230.html)

luvTooQuilt 10-19-2010 03:27 PM

y'alls packages are huge!!! :shock: boy oh boy what did i get myself into !?!?!??!! :?:

wildyard 10-19-2010 05:48 PM

oh my oh my, I have a problem. I was called away for the weekend to help a friend unexpectedly, so I left my DH to mail my squares off for me. I left him written directions, but sadly, he only read the main ones and not the follow up ones.

So you will receive my double set of squares, but there will not be any return envelope or postage inside. Also, he didn't use the correct method of mailing, so I don't know the right amount of postage to send you. DH (using that term with a flexible D) just mailed them in the plain manilla envelop I had put them in for transport. He thinks postage on that was somewhere around $7.

Do you want me to send a manilla envelop and that amount of postage. Or do you want me to send the amount of postage to send a priority envelop? I will need you to tell me how much postage is needed for a double set of squares, please.
I'm so sorry I didn't just hold onto this and send it myself when I got home from the trip. It would have still been in plenty of time. I was just thinking it would be easier for you if you got it earlier. I am sorry to have been such a pain in the butt for you during this swap. I promise to do better if you do another one. LOL, Honest I will!!!
Hugs and smiles, Linda aka wildyard

luvTooQuilt 10-19-2010 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard
oh my oh my, I have a problem. I was called away for the weekend to help a friend unexpectedly, so I left my DH to mail my squares off for me. I left him written directions, but sadly, he only read the main ones and not the follow up ones.

So you will receive my double set of squares, but there will not be any return envelope or postage inside. Also, he didn't use the correct method of mailing, so I don't know the right amount of postage to send you. DH (using that term with a flexible D) just mailed them in the plain manilla envelop I had put them in for transport. He thinks postage on that was somewhere around $7.

Do you want me to send a manilla envelop and that amount of postage. Or do you want me to send the amount of postage to send a priority envelop? I will need you to tell me how much postage is needed for a double set of squares, please.
I'm so sorry I didn't just hold onto this and send it myself when I got home from the trip. It would have still been in plenty of time. I was just thinking it would be easier for you if you got it earlier. I am sorry to have been such a pain in the butt for you during this swap. I promise to do better if you do another one. LOL, Honest I will!!!
Hugs and smiles, Linda aka wildyard

No worries,
you can either send me the Priority flat rate postage stamp(s), postage funds, or pay by paypal ($4.90 plus the PP fees).. If you would like delivery confirmation add $.70 to the total.. I do not need the envelope.. I went to the USPS and got 30 flat rate envelopes..

sewhappy30 10-20-2010 05:59 AM

My postoffice lady said I could not use a flat rate envelope because it could not be over 1/4" thick. I had 6 baggies, so I had to use another envelope and the postage was 5.95. I sent stamps along for the 5.95. If your postoffice will let you do it for 4.90 just keep the extra postage I sent as a thank you.

grumpy90650 10-20-2010 06:35 AM

hi all, i used a flat rate BOX, postage was 4.95 and you can fit alot of stuff in those little boxes..

sc-sunshine 10-20-2010 06:44 AM

I also sent mine in a flat rate box at $4.95 plus 70cents for confirmation. I enclosed $6.00 for return with my address label.

Nanax4 10-20-2010 07:29 AM

I sent 3 sets to you. I'm not at all sure that I sent the correct return postage. If not, pls let me know and I'll send the correct amount. Sorry if I didn't get it right.

purplemem 10-20-2010 08:23 AM

I had the same issue with the post office. I could not use the envelope, but could use the $4.95 flat rate box. Please keep any remaining postage for your needs.

bearisgray 10-20-2010 09:59 AM

I am surprised that some of you got static from the post office clerks for using the flat rate envelopes.

There should have been room to spare with them! I had always been told that "if it fits - it ships"

I mailed mine in a manilla envelope (with baggies inside) - and it was less than $4.00 (with delivery confirmation)

luvTooQuilt 10-20-2010 10:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by bearisgray
I am surprised that some of you got static from the post office clerks for using the flat rate envelopes.

There should have been room to spare with them! I had always been told that "if it fits - it ships"

I mailed mine in a manilla envelope (with baggies inside) - and it was less than $4.00 (with delivery confirmation)

I was just at the post office.. If it fits in the 'FLAT RATE POSTAGE ENVELOPE' it ships for $4.90...