Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   ~~~ IRR3~~~ Group 13~~~ Northern Lights (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/%7E%7E%7E-irr3%7E%7E%7E-group-13%7E%7E%7E-northern-lights-t59714.html)

Dawn Hendrix 01-09-2012 03:49 PM

gwynn... as we told you that center was shipped back in June and has never shown up at Bares to Stars......

wendsy 01-09-2012 04:01 PM

It's great to hear the center are making their way around :) I finally did get to open my center back in November and the pictures just didn't do it justice.! Thanks, EVERYONE, for your hard work. It's wonderful to see how different everyone sees each round differently, I could never have imagined what different additions that were added. I enjoyed working on everyone's quilt very much, even if some of them stumped me for a while.

Leota 01-12-2012 02:18 PM

Gwen, I would have never figured it out if you hadn't explained it. Yes, At least I know where my center is :D Good luck on the surgery... will keep you in my prayers...
Dawn, You will still be listed as working on my center... I'll have to admit, I didn't mean for it to be so difficult for everyone.... honest... I thought the different colors in the black would make it easier to pull colors...

Originally Posted by MamaSani (Post 4859018)
Okay..I finally got on by giving myself a new name. Yes, maSani is Navajo for Grandmother. My grandchildren call me MamaSani. At least I can remember that.

Dawn: I received Leota's quilt top a little bit ago. It is hanging up. I promise Leota, if all goes well, I should have it to you pretty soon. I have knee replacement surgery later this month, but my machine will sew by pushing a button. I will pm you when it is finished. Sorry it took so long to notify you. This new set-up is harder for me to navigate.

Has anyone found my center yet? It would be really nice to get it back even if it isn't finished. :)

Dawn Hendrix 01-12-2012 02:30 PM

Leota I did do a boarder on your RR.. I just didn't take picts of it.

Leota 01-17-2012 03:51 PM

Dawn that's great... I understand forgetting stuff... my life is so crazy busy now that mom lives with us and dh health... I escape to quilt/sew just to relax...
I'm looking forward to seeing this quilt top and remembering the love and (blood, sweat and tears) that went into it.
Thank you everyone who worked on my fan top.... now have to come up with a name for this top....
It has been a wonderful trip around the world with this first round robin...
Will have to do it again.

Leota 05-12-2012 06:04 PM

Well, my top was sent to Gwen and she told me in January/February that it was completed and ready to mail... I STILL WAITING!!!! It's MAY 2012! Gwen, please mail my top to me.

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 06-14-2012 02:25 PM

Let me ask this again, where is my center? It's been over a year since a quilt has been sent to me to work on, more like a year and a half, and I know I didn't work on all of them. I was late sending the last one out, but not the other ones, and my work is not shoddy, so if you all don't want me to work on your quilts because of that, it's kind of hurtful :( I'd really like to know where the eff my quilt is. I don't mind if someone is taking longer to work on it, a simple 'it's here, I have it' would be nice, and maybe an updated pic, since I've all but forgotten what it even looks like.

wendsy 06-15-2012 07:22 PM

I am sorry to hear about the missing centers. All of the centers that came to me were worked on and sent on in hopes they make it home. Everyone did a wonderful job on my top. I'm crossing my fingers that all of you will receive your tops too.

Baren*eh*ked_canadian 08-17-2012 04:04 AM

Anyone else think it's kinda fishy that two of the missing centers happen to have last been seen with the same person?
Seriously, this is ridiculous.