Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   “...And the Earth was created.." -10.5 layer cake Swap with a Brown Twist !!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/%93-earth-created-10-5-layer-cake-swap-brown-twist-t196300.html)

kensington 08-02-2012 12:26 PM

What is WOF? What is the twist for? If you include a 2x5 piece for identification, then why the selvage piece too?

As I read along, I have these questions, seeking understanding. Thanks.

Yosamitesa 08-02-2012 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by kensington (Post 5413467)
What is WOF? What is the twist for? If you include a 2x5 piece for identification, then why the selvage piece too?

As I read along, I have these questions, seeking understanding. Thanks.

WOF = width of fabric
Selvage piece goes on your baggie. This makes it easier and faster for her to identify for 100% cotton, instead of burning every piece.
The piece on the cardboard (doesn't need to be 2x5, but big enough to identify your fabric) is for identifying purposes in case a baggie doesn't have a name on it, in case the fabric on the bag comes off and she is swapping and loses track of who sent what she can id quickly, if people ask later about who sent in a specific fabric or where it came from, she knows who to contact for that info, etc. :)

I hope that helps. ;)

luvTooQuilt 08-02-2012 08:34 PM

List of Swappers:

Luv- 6 sets
1. Yosamitesa- 6 sets/ ? twists
2. SheriR - 6 sets/ 6 twists
3. MrsSherbert - 6 sets / 6 twists
4. LillyG - 6 sets / 6 twists
5. Sustraley - 4 sets / NO twist
6. Linda58 - 6 sets / 6 twists
7. kiffie2413 - 2 sets / 2 twists

When ready, mail them on in..

kensington 08-03-2012 04:01 PM

What is the twist for?

SheriR 08-03-2012 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by kensington (Post 5416042)
What is the twist for?

I think the twist is just for fun. To build up a variety of strips. :D

I love it. It's like a secret mini swap!!!

DoriDeS 08-04-2012 07:44 AM

So hello to you all :o/ count me in on this swap / I don't remember when to mail them like by the 14th ???? Oh and I want to do this swap too please :o) Oh and that sister of mine and her silly sucks.....and another quick note back in the day when we would raise our own beef and pigs...I would post pictures on the fridge so that people that would stop by every weekend uninvited would know who they were eating.....:o) lolol

DoriDeS 08-04-2012 08:06 AM

So hello to you all :o/ count me in on this swap / I don't remember when to mail them like by the 14th ???? Oh and I want to do this swap too please :o) Oh and that sister of mine and her silly ducks.....and another quick note back in the day when we would raise our own beef and pigs...I would post pictures on the fridge so that people that would stop by every weekend uninvited would know who they were eating.....:o) lolol

DoriDeS 08-04-2012 08:09 AM

My bad didn't spell right said suck instead of duck and THEN~~~~~ fixed it and posted it all again so sorry if I offended anyone :o/

SheriR 08-04-2012 09:17 AM

LOL DORI! I remember SirloinTip!! Remember when you let my girls keep a couple of bunnies for a pet too!

luvTooQuilt 08-04-2012 05:17 PM

Dori that is hilarious !!! My MIL before i knew hubby raised cattle & pigs.. She loved to name them.. Hamburger, steak, & dinner !!! a couple of pigs were called Mud & puddle...

OK i will never come UN-invited for dinner !!!!!! I prefer NOT to be introduced to my meal !!!!

Dori shoot me an email.. 6sets / 6 twists right??