Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2-5-candy-birthday-swap-closed-full-t212411.html)

barbarakibler23 07-29-2013 07:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This square was made by Gandee

This square has 9 large squares. Made up of a lime green background with birds. There are 2 pink squares and 2 brown squares. all of the fabrics used here look to be from the same line.

the quilting: There is a large wreath of leaves with a plaid grid in the center square.

thanks Gandee

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 07-29-2013 07:11 PM

Thanks for the pictures of all the blocks. There are a couple I've not seen before and think I'll have to put on my "try it" list.

barbarakibler23 07-29-2013 07:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This square was made by Jannie...Janet

This square is made with two colors white and blue.. the white makes up a star almost looks like a moving star with blue triangles all around the points.

The quilting on the white is loops going in a circle. The blue has 3 triangles in each piece.

thanks again Janet

barbarakibler23 07-29-2013 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This square...last but not least is made by fraew....Felicia

this cute square has a teapot on it...don't know if Felicia knows but I am a tea totaler! Love my tea hot or cold!

The teapot is made of red flower fabric that I am sure was fussy cut out to get that pretty flower in the center. The handle is black. The border is made up of red and black squares in different sizes.

the quilting: Heart all around the border and an all over pattern in the white fabric. The teapot was appliquéd on by machine.

thank you Felicia

barbarakibler23 07-29-2013 07:38 PM

there is also appliquéd flowers around the boarder and yoyo flowers.....was that your handy work Janet Jnct???

My quilt is beautiful and I feel so lucky and blessed to have it and to have all of you as my friends!

Barb :)

sustraley 07-30-2013 03:35 AM

Thanks for showing us the blocks. Great to see everyone's. Thanks for doing this barb.

JNCT14 07-30-2013 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 (Post 6204318)
there is also appliquéd flowers around the boarder and yoyo flowers.....was that your handy work Janet Jnct???

My quilt is beautiful and I feel so lucky and blessed to have it and to have all of you as my friends!

Barb :)

I designed and hand appliqued the borders - there were some things I wanted to try so you got to be a guinea pig hahahahaha.

JNCT14 07-30-2013 07:02 AM

ARRRGGGHHH I could only unscramble 3 of the 5 names - will try later to see if I can get my brain to unstick!!!

sewmany 07-30-2013 07:03 AM

Wonder pictures barbara. Thank you.
you really did a wonderful job jnct with all the different blocks.

marybrace 07-30-2013 08:05 AM

WOW!!! JNCT14, wish I could do all that and you did it all in one quilt...Barb, thank you for organizing this swap and the effort you put in to keep it interesting throughout the 12 months. You ladies amaze me with your talents and the fact that you so willingly share them. I salute you!