Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2011-row-robin-group-11-making-friends-row-row-t85092.html)

JudyG 02-18-2011 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Boop56

Originally Posted by JudyG

Originally Posted by Boop56
On the Southwest iwas thinking of doing a story of yhe eagle. Do some fussy cut to make it look neater. I kinda like the square with the green diamond and the purple corners. Not liking the 'yellow' color. Honest opions PLEASE????

I think I like the bottom one with the green corners and the purple corners. If you're going to make the entire row the same block, you could alternate the green corners with the purple corners. They're all really pretty.

Thanks. i was kinda thinking that also. You are such a help.I know I will probably be calling on you for every quilt. You probably will get tired of me. LOL :roll:

Never get tired of helping people with quilting. That's how we all learn. I'm hoping everyone in this group will feel comfortable asking for opinions and posting their ideas as we go along. That's what makes this sort of thing fun, having others help with ideas and color combinations and such, just like having a small quilting group at home, only it's long distance.

Boop56 02-18-2011 05:02 PM

How do you decide on what square to use? Of course had to go back in and look at block designs and now am thinking about another one but it is because it is called the freindship star. UUGGHHH. I always try to find meaning behind everything.

Kehoeta 02-19-2011 01:37 PM

Boop, I like the Eagle in the center. Are your surrounding squares blending with Judy's colors? And - I also like the purple with the green better than the orangish one.

Boop56 02-19-2011 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Kehoeta
Boop, I like the Eagle in the center. Are your surrounding squares blending with Judy's colors? And - I also like the purple with the green better than the orangish one.

Not yet. Still mulling things in my head.

Kehoeta 02-19-2011 07:15 PM

Me too. sometimes I even mull with my eyes closed.... Or maybe that is sleeping. LOL

amandab 02-20-2011 02:04 PM

Got my fabric for Theresa's Jewel quilt, planned out the blocks and am almost ready to go. Fabric is in the wash right now. Can't wait till it is done so I can start piecing the first block. :)

Kehoeta 02-20-2011 03:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone. Today I am blasting the Aaron Neville - and Neville Brothers from my Ipod docking station, trying to get into a Mardi Gras mood - even though it is snowing and sleeting outside.

I finished repairing an old quilt for my step daughter - and thought I might as well keep sewing. Unfortunately - my square isn't coming out like I had hoped. I'll post the pic anyway so you can see what I am attempting.

whole block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]155744[/ATTACH]

close up on some of the materials
[ATTACH=CONFIG]155745[/ATTACH]

Kehoeta 02-20-2011 03:50 PM

Amanda - I peeked at your row before sending it on to Judy. It's really pretty and almost soothing in the tones.

I can't wait to see what you come up with for me.

JudyG 02-20-2011 04:51 PM

Amanda - I peeked at your row before sending it on to Judy. It's really pretty and almost soothing in the tones.

I can't wait to see what you come up with for me.

I can't wait to get it. I have so many ideas floating around in my head. Need to get to work on some of them. Wish my fabric would get here.

Obsessed 02-20-2011 05:42 PM

Hi everyone. Today I am blasting the Aaron Neville - and Neville Brothers from my Ipod docking station, trying to get into a Mardi Gras mood - even though it is snowing and sleeting outside.

I finished repairing an old quilt for my step daughter - and thought I might as well keep sewing. Unfortunately - my square isn't coming out like I had hoped. I'll post the pic anyway so you can see what I am attempting.

Regardless of whether it is coming out like you'd hoped, I think it is terrific! Your fabrics are perfect and it is such a happy looking block! I can't wait to see how it all comes together....