Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2011 Row Robin - Group 11 - Making Friends Row by Row (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2011-row-robin-group-11-making-friends-row-row-t85092.html)

Boop56 02-20-2011 06:31 PM

Judy G. you are so badddddd!!! I looked up Stone henge fabric and am addicted!!!! I love them all. Now my head is spinning again. I even found a panal that matches the eagle fabric that I have. I used to manage JoAnn's craft department in Ohio and I truly was addicted to the fabric. I was in charge of unloading trucks also and would just freak on some of the fabric. I would try to hide bolts so I could get what I wanted. LOL And when JoAnn stores were going out of business they would send me to help do close out sales....By the time I got the closeout percent off and then my percentage off...I told my husband they would pay me to take it home. He would ask me if I was ever really paid with a paycheck. I would hide my stash in my trunk until he went to work then put it in my sewing room and tell him I always had it. He said we would not have had to rent such a big u-haul to move to florida if I would of just gotten rid of my fabric. LOL I would sneak into the fabric area at JoAnn's and touch all the fabric, then they would call out to see where I was and I would bend down and go into the craft area and pop up and say here I am. LOL Now the feelings of fabric addiction are coming back LOl I better go grab some chocolate.

Kehoeta 02-20-2011 06:39 PM

Uh Oh - Now I looked at Stonehenge Fabrics..... Let me seee..... Do I have any extra dough???

Kehoeta 02-20-2011 06:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Did I tell you all I was taking a beginner quilting class with my 15 year old nephew. Here is the top that is the result of the first three weeks. (Although it took 6 weeks due to being snowed out a couple of times). Now we are on to the actual quilting steps.

close up of some of the fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]120290[/ATTACH]

whole top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]120540[/ATTACH]

Boop56 02-20-2011 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Kehoeta
Did I tell you all I was taking a beginner quilting class with my 15 year old nephew. Here is the top that is the result of the first three weeks. (Although it took 6 weeks due to being snowed out a couple of times). Now we are on to the actual quilting steps.

That is awesome!!!

JudyG 02-20-2011 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Boop56
Judy G. you are so badddddd!!! I looked up Stone henge fabric and am addicted!!!! I love them all. Now my head is spinning again. I even found a panal that matches the eagle fabric that I have. I used to manage JoAnn's craft department in Ohio and I truly was addicted to the fabric. I was in charge of unloading trucks also and would just freak on some of the fabric. I would try to hide bolts so I could get what I wanted. LOL And when JoAnn stores were going out of business they would send me to help do close out sales....By the time I got the closeout percent off and then my percentage off...I told my husband they would pay me to take it home. He would ask me if I was ever really paid with a paycheck. I would hide my stash in my trunk until he went to work then put it in my sewing room and tell him I always had it. He said we would not have had to rent such a big u-haul to move to florida if I would of just gotten rid of my fabric. LOL I would sneak into the fabric area at JoAnn's and touch all the fabric, then they would call out to see where I was and I would bend down and go into the craft area and pop up and say here I am. LOL Now the feelings of fabric addiction are coming back LOl I better go grab some chocolate.

I would never get a paycheck if I worked in a fabric store.

Stonehenge is one of my very favorite fabrics. The colors are awesome and the feel of the fabric is wonderful. As a matter of fact I just ordered another 2 yards of the one we were discussing because I use it in so many things.

JudyG 02-20-2011 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Kehoeta

Nice quilt Theresa. I think it's wonderful that you and your nephew are taking the class together. That's awesome.

Thinking ahead, I ordered fabric tonight for your quilt - and I haven't even gotten Amanda's yet. I want to work on all of them right now.

I've almost finished my round for the International Round Robin I'm doing, and we don't have to mail them til May 15. So I'm ready for something fun to work on.

Boop56 02-20-2011 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG

Originally Posted by Boop56

I would never get a paycheck if I worked in a fabric store.

Stonehenge is one of my very favorite fabrics. The colors are awesome and the feel of the fabric is wonderful. As a matter of fact I just ordered another 2 yards of the one we were discussing because I use it in so many things.

I ordered some last night also. I can see more in my future.

:-) :-)

amandab 02-21-2011 12:01 PM

Judy, where do you order your fabric from online?

JudyG 02-21-2011 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by amandab
Judy, where do you order your fabric from online?

I order from lots of different places, depending on price and what I'm looking for. I love Connecting Threads, Fabric Depot, Fabric.com, Thousands of Bolts, Favorite Fabrics, Virginia Quilter, the Fat Quarter Sop, and on and on. Shipping costs make a huge difference in where I order. I try to order when someone's having free shipping, but sometimes it doesn't work out.

When I was looking for that stonehenge fabric the other day, I ended up ordering from the Fat Quarter Shop. I found it cheaper at another online store, but they wanted $10 to ship 1 yard of fabric. The Fat Quarter Shop charged 4.95 - and that could include up to about 5 yards of fabric. Huge difference. I hate places that gouge you on shipping.

JudyG 02-22-2011 04:02 PM

I got Amandab's row in the mail today. It is even more beautiful than in the pictures. My mind is just buzzing with things I want to do for this quilt. Now I just need my fabric to come.