Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2013 CRAZY QUILT BLOCK swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2013-crazy-quilt-block-swap-t226664.html)

jclinganrey 08-06-2013 12:14 AM

Thanks for the vote of confidence. GP. :)

Jane

QuilterMomma 08-07-2013 03:33 PM

I only have cotton anymore, but have lots of laced and love to play with my threads and machine stitches. Is that possible? and if we have multiple sets so I could make me a lap quilt, that would be even better.

som 08-07-2013 07:34 PM

I have my 6 blocks done, let us know if we can make more som

kiffie2413 08-08-2013 06:01 PM

This sounds like a great swap...I love to crazy quilt...after I piece the actual block by hand I do all the seam stitching and embellishing by hand, and evidently I am a slow poke, as I know I could never get 6 done in the span of 1 month. Can't wait to see all the pics y'all post, tho....
Regards,
Kif

jclinganrey 08-08-2013 07:14 PM

Wow, kiffie, hand piecing! Very impressive. Would love to have you jump in the swap.

Jane

jclinganrey 08-08-2013 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 6221237)
I only have cotton anymore, but have lots of laced and love to play with my threads and machine stitches. Is that possible? and if we have multiple sets so I could make me a lap quilt, that would be even better.

Your cotton quilt blocks would be mixed in the crazy quilt fabrics. I'm using satins, brocades, damask, etc. I think it really depends on what everyone else says. Will keep you posted.

So, group, what do you think? Do you want to swap crazy quilt blocks made with fabrics OTHER THAN cotton with ones made with cotton? Let me know - - -

Jane

som 08-08-2013 09:22 PM

I think we should mix them up some with cotton and some with different fabric SOM

Groovy Pieces 08-09-2013 12:49 AM

Mixture of fabrics is fine; although my first set is done. My next set for Sept will definitely have other fabrics included.

JC: Have you heard anything on the number of sets we can swap? . . . . .GP

kiffie2413 08-09-2013 12:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by jclinganrey (Post 6223627)
Wow, kiffie, hand piecing! Very impressive. Would love to have you jump in the swap.

Jane

I must clarify...I meant to write after I piece the block by machine I do all the embroidery and embellishments by hand...Sheesh...when I read my post back I don't know how I put by hand in where I should've put by machine! Sorry for the oops! Even at that I know I couldn't get 6 blocks done in one month, unless I didn't embellish them, which to me is the best part and I would want to do that. I am currently working on 2 crazy quilts, one for my mom and one for me...the blocks are 15", 12 total on each quilt. It has taken me quite a while to get 3/4 of the way done on mom's quilt and maybe half way on mine. The hand work on the center of each block usually takes the longest. I also sometimes have a hard time coming up with how I want to embellish each seam and area...While I am "toony" I think I am almost too structured...need to work on that! :o. I also work on several projects at once, which may not be the best thing, either...
Can't wait to see all the blocks you all make and post!!
Is this a monthly swap? If so I could start working on blocks and then have them ready to sign up the next month or something...unless there is a "theme"...then that may not work...
Kif
Some pics of the blocks I am working on:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]429319[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]429320[/ATTACH]
PS Here is a link to the quilt shop where I go, the link is in the classes section...scroll down you can see several pics of the blocks we are working on there, if anyone is interested that is...
http://www.pamsquiltingcorner.com/classes.html

jclinganrey 08-09-2013 01:43 PM

Kiffie - -

In our swap, the embroidery stitching and embellishment is optional. I specifically wrote it that way so each swapper could finish their blocks themselves. So you COULD participate!!

The word from the moderator - her recommendation - is to keep this, our first swap, to ONE set. Next time, we'll go for more sets. So let's stick with the original plan. When you tell everyone how fabulous this swap was, we'll have lots more swappers and we'll do it bigger.

Jane