Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-birthday-swap-2-5-sign-up-now-t240424.html)

Havplenty 05-06-2014 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 6692274)
Done!!! I cut EVERYONES at once I'm good for the year. :D

Hello stopping by and (((((((waving))))))) to everyone!

I am working on doing this also. I am cutting candies from scraps, cutting candies from yardage I bought at AQS quilt show, cutting candies from projects I am working on and cutting candies from strips and squares I am cutting for scrap savers.

I can't really call it a system but I gotta coupla string projects in mind, selvage projects in mind, candy projects in mind so cutting for all of these things. Will there ever be enough time to get through it all. :D My thoughts on this has gravitated to setting up more than one sewing machine and have a different project at each one, then alternate days I sit at each. I will need a calendar just to keep up with my sewing projects. lol

BTW, if any of you are not selvage keepers and want to pass them along, I will take them and will pay for postage. I am planning on a Red Zinger quilt. Except my background will be a teal linen solid.

The Paducah show was a great trip. I had stayed to eat a local lunch on Saturday at a table with other quilters. Turns out I was sitting at the table with the AQS organizer of the quilt shows and had a most pleasant conversation with her. I did find a hotel room after stopping at several sold out hotels and my room was right next door to Hancock's of Paducah quilt store. The Days Inn motel literally shared a parking lot with Hancock's.

Lots of people there, lots of quilts to look at and plenty of stuff to buy. I forgot to set a budget before I left home but I am glad I decided to go to KY.

May birthday girls your candies are all cut and ready to be packaged up this weekend and mailed. Barb I got the corrections and I will respond by PM also.

sewbizgirl 05-07-2014 04:37 AM

Hi Havplenty,
So jealous of your trip to Paducah! Maybe one year I'll get to go.
Love the Zinger quilts...thanks for that link!

maT 05-07-2014 01:48 PM

thanks to Sheri R for the wonderful bright prints ! yummy

maT 05-07-2014 01:51 PM

cindyvb - received your envelope today

WMUTeach 05-09-2014 06:57 AM

May Birthday Gals...... your sweet treats are in the mail. They flew out of the post office yesterday afternoon, May 8 . Enjoy the filled mailbox and celebrating with your family and friends..... and a just a few of us online quilting pals.

sewbizgirl 05-09-2014 09:14 AM

I just mailed my packages to the May Birthday Girls... so Karen, Ginger and Marcia, be on the lookout. Your cards and 'candy' will be arriving soon to help you celebrate your happy birthdays! Enjoy!

SheriR 05-09-2014 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by mrs.sherbert (Post 6705697)
I just realized I made a booboo. I packaged the May birthdays ready to mail last week but only had one envelope. Now I have more envelopes and two cards ready to send but I dont remember who I already mailed to.... SOOOO... When the lucky Birthday Princess receives her card full of candy from ME, let me know so I can mail the other two Princesses their candy... You should be receiving it any day now. THANK YOU :)

Did one May birthday princess get their candy from mrs.sherbert?

mrs.sherbert 05-09-2014 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 6710240)
Did one May birthday princess get their candy from mrs.sherbert?

I need to know so I can mail the other two!!!

Bullock2us 05-09-2014 03:27 PM

So much THANKS to DoriDes,Mama sheets(I think that is right),Ma T,and Cindynub for the sweet candies. Love the kids ones for I Spy!

maT 05-10-2014 05:07 AM

thanks to DoriDes and mamaskeeto for the nice birthday candies. looking forward to putting them together !