Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Birthday Swap 2.5 sign up now !!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-birthday-swap-2-5-sign-up-now-t240424.html)

trish b 06-13-2014 06:22 PM

Questionnaire Answers
Names: TrishB----Patricia and Trish
Quilting time----Made first quilt in 1972
Tool----small snips w/ spring
fav quilt----whole cloth I designed about 1980
fav color----purple
fav flower----dahlia
best advice----Go beyond your comfort level
quilt spots----The Quilt Show, Quiltville, Jinny Beyer and many blogs

Best wishes to all the Birthday Girls.

Havplenty 06-14-2014 08:10 AM

Have any of you participated in Massdrop recently? I just bought a 6 pack of 50 wt Aurifil thread, basic colors for $45.99 with no additional shipping costs.

Massdrop for those who don't know is a group buying site to get the best price from the manufacturers based on large group buying. They recently hired a quilting/crafter buyer so more quilting products will be available. Sign up members can at any time suggest what they are interested in, the group votes and if enough interest, Massdrop will pursue trying to purchase from the manufacturer.

Here is a link to what is being suggested for purchase if you are curious.

sewbizgirl 06-14-2014 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 6758365)

Here is a link to what is being suggested for purchase if you are curious.

You have to sign up for it in order to see. :(

dottie dodge 06-14-2014 03:22 PM

Received two more birthday squishes today. Only 10 more to come and my birthday box will be full. Thank you lstew2212 and KathyM. The fabric squares are all lovely!

benndm 06-14-2014 08:52 PM

Mailed my June birthdays today. Hope everyone has a great birthday.

cindynvb 06-15-2014 06:34 AM

Birthday Wishes received this week:
Billiejean
Lstew2212
Daisy dew
One Teapot
Trish b
Hav plenty
A h w u
N l s
That's 16 so far
Thanks everyone

sewbizgirl 06-15-2014 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by dottie dodge (Post 6758814)
Received two more birthday squishes today. Only 10 more to come and my birthday box will be full. Thank you lstew2212 and KathyM. The fabric squares are all lovely!

DottieDodge, I am sorry that your birthday was nearly a week ago and you are still missing 1/3 of your packages! Hope those who are late will get on the ball. It's not fun to be forgotten.

oneteappot 06-16-2014 05:34 PM

I received three more squishes today
BENNDM--loved the mouse
DoriDes
And D Woods, sorry no board name.
I have loved all the little candies that everyone has sent. Still trying to decide on the special pattern to use!
Only seven more to go!

sewbizgirl 06-17-2014 01:17 PM

I guess people get lax in the summer. Most of the other swaps are really running late, too. :(
I'm not real patient when I'm waiting for a package in the mailbox!

Havplenty 06-17-2014 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 6762726)
I guess people get lax in the summer. Most of the other swaps are really running late, too. :(
I'm not real patient when I'm waiting for a package in the mailbox!

It does happen and folks are not only lax just in the summertime but in the fall and winter and spring and right before holidays and right after holidays and in between the seasons and in between holidays and just about anytime.

Late mailers are often bound to happen. Sooo.... patience is key here and the swap host usually keeps on top of this. I have been in many swaps on this board and have experienced it all including those who are non mailers.

In another swap I was in there was a list of "angels" who would mail packages to those who did not receive their packages from swap partners. Patience is still key here. Some squishes will come early and some squishes will come later.

I decided to mail all of my candies near the beginning of the month so some will be early receivers and some will receive right on time. Mine are all mailed at the same time, same day so that I do not have to worry about forgetting by trying to mail nearer to someone's birthday.

Sew Sewbizgirl, make yourself a nice glass of homemade lemonade (my fave), sit back, relax and enjoy the candy show. The candies are coming.:)