Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-quilts-quilters-swap-signup-has-closed-t236825.html)

jaba 01-24-2014 04:29 PM

Got my name too, so get ready Miss dabbler, sending you a message.

ljdugas31 01-24-2014 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by CarolynMT (Post 6532562)
Ok, it is very obvious my patience is very poor :p I even went and cleaned kitchen! But I did get my partner! and then read back through the thread here, and do believe my partner will be interested in the red/ivory fabric that I so want to work with! Ohhhh am so excited!!! whoohooo! :cool:

Yes that would be me and I cant wait to see that red fabric.

TheMamaHauser 01-24-2014 05:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I was listening to my gut at the LQS tonight - I saw a quilt and I said, "huh that is really a dude quilt... I think that's what Rodney needs" (true story and an exact quote of my inner monologue there). So I talked to the owner (who is a good friend) and we made a few tweaks to really emphasize the "dude" part. Anyhow... it is called Sea Glass and uses greens and sea-glass colored batiks from Timeless Treasures. Here is a picture (of questionable quality) of the fabrics.

*For the record, Rodney's request said, "Surprise me."

[ATTACH=CONFIG]458483[/ATTACH]

Dragonfly Nana 01-24-2014 05:37 PM

Oooh Rodney - you are in for a treat! I know the pattern MamaHauser is talking about and it is going to look awesome in those fabrics.

CarolynMT 01-24-2014 05:45 PM

I know that pattern too, have loved it from afar for a long time :) wonderful!
Rodney is very lucky man!

LJ, I might have to brave the temps and go get the fabric tomorrow :p when I should be working to get that darned whole cloth off my long arm :p so I can do something else! Tempted to pull it off anyhow, but know if I do, I will never put it back on and finish it....and it is for my own bed :p

Also gonna get my mom to pick up some nice french cotton lace at the martha pullen school next month to add to my partners quilt. Gonna make it truly feminine! *assuming she wants the lace* Hehe! I can hardly wait

roseirish48 01-24-2014 06:39 PM

got my name--yahooo! now to skim issues of quilt magazines to find the perfect pattern to do up in her requested preferences. Wonder what goodie i can find.

Tam...Moo 01-24-2014 07:40 PM

I am so excited and cannot wait to get started. My partner will keep me in line I am sure!!! We are quite a pair of characters for sure.

dabbler312 01-24-2014 07:41 PM

Received a nice message from my partner, jaba, we are off to a good start.

I'm so looking forward to working on this project and getting to know others as we move forward.

You all have a nice evening

mumukate 01-24-2014 09:38 PM

YAY me! I started an album of ALL my quilts...all 2 of them! LOL!!

btw...dabbler312 - your puppy is BEAUTFUL!!! What breed is he/she?

Nexxus831 01-24-2014 11:15 PM

Emc1118 I am sooooooo very excited to talk to you. Let me know when is good. I would send you a message tonight but I am a little loopy as I somehow twisted my back. Those muscle relaxers and pain meds make me a little out of it. Hehehehehehehe