Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2014 Quilts For Quilters Swap - Signup has Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2014-quilts-quilters-swap-signup-has-closed-t236825.html)

roseirish48 05-24-2014 06:25 PM

yeah--quilting is done--tomorrow will get binding done. Have to think up a name forthis quilt to put on label. Then on to other deadlines to complete.

roseirish48 05-25-2014 10:27 AM

binding done--adding label. decided to call it "Illustrated Illusions" as all blocks are taken from either magazine paterns, internet patterns, coloring pages, and my own fertile mind. Illustrations of vases, baskets,and flowers done in shadow applique so very illusionary. Hope Mumukate loves my interpretation of baskets on point in dusty rose and pale green.

Crqltr 05-25-2014 10:49 AM

I also have the top done..I think it's going off to a quilter. I haven't been in my sewing room for quite awhile. Shingles finally seem to be in a remission of sorts, I still have to put a lidocaine patch on every few days tho. Then I was out of state for wedding my purse was stolen. I picked up a viral bug there but couldn't go see anyone without I d or insurance card, or most important..money. Ended up driving home sick and ended up so dehydrated I was in the hospital for a day getting I v's. it's been fun... Hopefully I can spend the next couple days sewing and catching up before I go back to work. And please don't forget the reason for this holiday. We owe it to the men and women in service! Past and present!

Nexxus831 05-25-2014 06:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have been working on my partners blocks. I am going to try to attach a picture of one. Wish me luck LOL

applique 05-26-2014 04:44 AM

Another of the walking wounded here. Asian flu bit early this month and can't seem to shake it. The planning never seems to slow but this time at least the execution is more than I can do. Soon though!

roseirish48 05-26-2014 08:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i cant wait to know whether Mumukate likes her quilt ot not so posting picture of finished quilt so she can get a sneak peak.[ATTACH=CONFIG]476881[/ATTACH]

emc1118 05-26-2014 02:21 PM

Nexxus821, nice sneak peak. I like it (alot).... Have to get working on yours again.

TheMamaHauser 05-26-2014 05:27 PM

I have 3 of the 4 border sides put on the quilt. After much discussion, several fights, and a few rounds of "are you kidding me? Are you blind?" fights, my family declared what I was doing far too girly for our manly Rodney. I have totally revamped the plan and I have heard that it's a pretty epic man quilt. To post a new tease or not....

ArizonaKAT 05-29-2014 06:54 AM

Well, I spent the entire day yesterday finishing up the tiny 7" blocks for MDQuilter. Then I started to put it together and realized I screwed up and didn't have enough blocks yet. I'm back to sewing more blocks.

Elisabrat 05-31-2014 04:57 AM

oh dear Kelly POST A TEASE WHY don't you??? lol we are dying to see the new and improved quilt project. all manly and such it should be grand. Robert tell her too!!!

I have my quilt at the quilters right now (aka themamahauser) and I am excited to see it when its done. I know that my partner will love it (hope hope lol) .. now I will just wait. patiently because everyone knows I do that so well. ok I do forgetting real well not so sure about the patience part.