Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2015-16-birthday-swap-candy-style-2-5-a-t260572.html)

djmat 02-11-2016 01:40 PM

Yeah, Trish won!!! Finished cutting 30 for 2017 birthdays, even managed some fussy cuts! Will buy cards & envelopes this weekend.

So happy hubby is coming home tomorrow for a 4 day weekend! Making schnitzel, southern mashed potatoes & sawmill gravy, fresh green beans tied in bunches with rosemary, an avocado salad, tomato bruchetta, & NY cheesecake, hope he is hungry! Off to the store in a bit.

Have a wonderful weekend.
hugs,
dj

sewbizgirl 02-11-2016 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by djmat (Post 7462783)
Yeah, Trish won!!! Finished cutting 30 for 2017 birthdays, even managed some fussy cuts! Will buy cards & envelopes this weekend.

So happy hubby is coming home tomorrow for a 4 day weekend! Making schnitzel, southern mashed potatoes & sawmill gravy, fresh green beans tied in bunches with rosemary, an avocado salad, tomato bruchetta, & NY cheesecake, hope he is hungry! Off to the store in a bit.

Have a wonderful weekend.
hugs,
dj

You are making my mouth water, DJ....

I think we only got about 22 for this/next year's swap, tho. Barb, what was the count so far? I don't know how people can resist this swap. It's not only fun to get your birthday candy, but also to send out the candies and cards all year to others. And it just keeps getting better... adding quilt alongs and MORE CHATTING to the great contests and swaps we already had!

djmat 02-11-2016 01:53 PM

Oh, Sunday is Valentine's Day so remember to be sweet to your sweetie!
hugs,
dj

sewbizgirl 02-11-2016 04:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's another Arkansas Crossroads quilt, made with some CANDY. I think I showed you when it was just a top, but I finally got it quilted and bound.

WMUTeach 02-11-2016 05:50 PM

Mondo bags are the rage with my quilt guild members. Some large, some medium and some small but all beauties. I on the other hand have not made one..... to many quilts to make.

Anoka Quilter 02-12-2016 08:21 AM

That would be a fun quilt along, and we could all learn a new technique. If this one makes the list I just might have to put aside the one I am working on now and play. If I need more squares, July is only 5 months away and my stash will be replenished, with the help of all you wonderful ladies :thumbup:

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7462782)
Someone in our 2004-2005 swap was making Mondo bags. I put that on my mental bucket list and then forgot all about it! Hope it's one of our quilt-alongs! (Hint, hint!)

Anoka Quilter 02-12-2016 08:25 AM

Sewbizgirl, I remember the picture when it was just a top. I loved the background fabric then, and I still like it today.

It is a beautiful quilt.

barbarakibler23 02-13-2016 08:05 AM

well we will see...week one homework will be done today. Then we finish on Wednesday so I will show off pictures.

Hopefully
Barb

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7462782)
Someone in our 2004-2005 swap was making Mondo bags. I put that on my mental bucket list and then forgot all about it! Hope it's one of our quilt-alongs! (Hint, hint!)

barbarakibler23 02-13-2016 08:08 AM

Sewbizbirl...I love that Arkansas quilt. When I get around to doing one :thumbup: I want to remember to use a pattern (like you did) for the snowballs. Really sets off the squares nicely.

Janice McC 02-15-2016 05:03 AM

Birthday candy packages arrived from DottieDodge and TravelingGramma this weekend. Thank you so much ladies! (That brings the number received up to 24 and there's still a week to my birthday. :) )