Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2015-16-birthday-swap-candy-style-2-5-a-t260572.html)

barbarakibler23 01-31-2015 08:46 AM

2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5"

2.5 Candy Birthday swap is now open for sign ups and will remain open until we get 35 people to join or February 19th.

Hello and welcome to the 2.5" Candy Birthday Swap. Candy squares are 2.5" 100% cotton squares that you would be happy to put in your own quilt.

This is how this swap will work:

1. VERY IMPORTANT this is a year long commitment.

2. PM me your name address, EMAIL, and your birthday (month and day)
NEWBIES (
new to this swap) YOU MUST get a recommendation from a past hostess or from ANYONE that was in a previous birthday swap. Absolutely NO FLAKERS here!!!

3. Get your packages of 50 unique 2.5" candy squares ready to be mailed.

4. Starting for March (on feb 20) I will send everyone a list of who is celebrating a birthday that month so you can send out their "candy present". I will send out the list on the 20th of each month.

5. Birthday person please keep track of who you received your candy from, please let me know if you have not received a package from someone. Please post a THANK YOU to EVERYONE that has sent you a package on our thread. Pictures are a nice touch.

6. I will have a contest the day after each birthday....feel free to play as often as you want the only rule is the birthday person MUST have received your package IN TIME for their birthday.

7. Sit back and wait for your birthday then go to your mailbox and enjoy little packages all month long! :) :)

8. Please post on the thread when you have mailed your birthday package and of course wish them a Happy Birthday.

I am going to limit this to the first 35 people and only addresses in the USA (for postage sake Sorry).

The general swap rules apply: RULES FOR SWAPS AND SIMILAR ACTIVITIES - Updated 8 December 2010

In addition the following rules apply:

1. Please make sure to acknowledge everything you receive by posting to this thread. It would be faaaaaaaaaaaboulous if you also include photo(s).
2. Any participant who fails to send all parcels expected in any given month will be immediately and permanently dropped from the mailing list.
3. If that participant has already received parcels for her/his own birth month, that participant will also receive a Negative Feedback annotation.

Any questions please feel free to post them in this thread...because someone else probably has the same ones!
This is our third year for this swap .....the first and second year went well and many friends were made. :)

Looking forward to another year of fun, friends and of course cute little candy squares!!!

Barb :)

barbarakibler23 01-31-2015 08:51 AM

Welcoming back for another year of fun:

Bjsmith57
sewbizgirl
maT
dottie dodge
Anoka Quilter
Trish b
WMUTeach
barbarakibler23
Daisy Dew
Happy Lab
let's quilt
Sheri R

Welcome again ladies.....start inviting your friends!

PeginCO 01-31-2015 09:27 AM

I would love to join you all and celebrate our birthdays with candy! Sewbizgirl, thank you for asking me!!

moonrise 01-31-2015 09:33 AM

Me, please! We've already chatted via PM, but I'll send my address and all as soon as I'm at the computer this evening. :) Can't see how to do it via my phone. Thanks!

SheriR 01-31-2015 10:07 AM

I'm so excited for another Birthday Candy year!!! Barb is so good at keeping us all in line AND connected to the group. I found a fun collection in December! I better get cutting! I'm super glad to have my AccuGO this time around!! <3 this group.

Patrick's Mom 01-31-2015 11:03 AM

Please add me to the birthday group! This looks like fun.

sewbizgirl 01-31-2015 12:07 PM

Yay... we love new people! This will be my second year in this swap and it is loads of fun. Not only on your birthday, but it's fun to prepare a great package for everyone else too, to help them celebrate their birthdays. We also share good patterns for our squares, so if you know of any good ones, please share! Also share photos of any quilts, bags or whatevers you have already made with 2.5" squares. Good inspiration!

Barbara Kibbler is the Hostess with the Mostess and her contests are the bomb! You are going to love this swap.

Michellesews 01-31-2015 12:27 PM

I'm ready to begin! All my candies are ready to go!!!

bjsmith57 01-31-2015 04:52 PM

Welcome newbies this is my second year. Barb makes this so fun and easy. Looking forward to another fun year.

bjsmith57

moonrise 01-31-2015 07:18 PM

Okay, I'm back at the computer now. PM sent. :) My squares are cut and ready to go. I'm so excited! :D