Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2015-16-birthday-swap-candy-style-2-5-a-t260572.html)

barbarakibler23 02-20-2015 02:17 PM

Hello ...me again....

So I have decide to do one thing this year that I did not do in the last two years. This is to encourage you to mail your packages ON TIME.

I need the birthday girl to help me with this. On your birthday (or if you are celebrating too much) the day after ...I need a list PM of who you have received packages from.

two things happen.
1) if you are on the list (meaning you were on time) YEAH ...I will send you a POSTIVE Feedback score.

2) if you are NOT on the list. I will give you 10 days to make it right. It must be in her hands by that date. This will give the post office anytime to deliver. Remember you were suppose to have it to her by her birthday. I will not give any feedback score.

3) if she does not have it in her hands by the 10th day I will put on a NEGATIVE feedback. No exceptions. I know life happens .....just have them ready to mail and this should not be a problem.

This is going to give me a lot more work but I really want this year to be on time. It really is NOT good enough to get them mailed out. Let's make everyone's day special.

Hope I have not turned anyone off by this but I really want everyone to get their packages and get them on time.

Also I can only leave 4 feedback per day so I will be trying to get them out as soon as I see a thank you posted.

:) Barb

sewbizgirl 02-21-2015 06:50 AM

That's a great idea, Barb. Sorry for all the additional work for you! As usual you are the "Hostess With The Mostess". :)

jaba 02-21-2015 11:33 AM

I think it is a great idea! Will keep us on our toes. Bought 24 B-day cards so far, all cut and waiting to send. Thanks all for letting me join, looking forward to all the fun! Need to add a thank you to sewbizgirl for inviting me too....

J_cody 02-21-2015 12:18 PM

I am soon excited this is my first year for this and am looking forward to seeing all the different fabrics and to have a project figured out by my birthday so when I get my squares I can begin. Looking forward to this a little too much

kele 02-21-2015 02:01 PM

Thanks so much for letting me join in on the fun! I am cutting squares right now. Can't wait!

letsquilt 02-21-2015 02:58 PM

I finally got all my squares cut and bagged,cards are all ready just need names now!!
This really is a fun swap ,All the newby's you will enjoy it when it's your birthday month!

sewbizgirl 02-21-2015 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 7099853)
I think it is a great idea! Will keep us on our toes. Bought 24 B-day cards so far, all cut and waiting to send. Thanks all for letting me join, looking forward to all the fun! Need to add a thank you to sewbizgirl for inviting me too....

You are WELCOME, Jaba! I'm happy you wanted to play!

NoraB 02-21-2015 06:17 PM

I am so excited about this swap...I'm one of the newbies.....I've finished cutting and bagging all the fabrics and have the birthday cards......I'm at the starting line all ready to go...one more day to wait! My wrist is a bit sore from all that cutting.......but after cleaning out my sewing room and vacuuming (sp?) the room, I was eager to start on a wedding quilt for my neice. I washed and pressed the fabric and started to read the instructions....which call for me cutting all the fabric into ...........you guessed it..........2.5" strips! I cut about 20 strips before I decided I need to go shopping for a bit.....Then I noticed there is a ruler called June Tailor Shape Cut Pro - I have the plain Shape Cut but you have to fold the width in half and then in half again. Well, the Shape Cut PRO allows you to cut width of fabric strips 2.5". So, I've been calling all the local stores (no one has it). Finally, I found a "deal" at Walmart.com and it will be available for me to pick up at Walmart on February 28 (next week). I will not wait until then to cut my fabric because the quilt has to be done by end of March...BUT, I wanted to share the deal on this ruler and also recommend it to others who cut 2.5" strips (it has slots in 2.5" increments only). The price was $41.48 plus tax and free shipping to our local Walmart. That's the best deal.......it goes for as much as $111 at the other sites. So, it pays to shop around, but it also pays to try to "anticipate" what you need before you need it!

Looking forward to tomorrow for the March birthdays!

barbarakibler23 02-22-2015 08:44 AM

I love everyones enthusiasm!!!! I will post the entire list of names tonight after 9pm. I have a few more "newbies" making the big decision to join us. I hope they do ...more the merrier :)

NoraB I am going to check out the Pro cutty thingy. Sounds very intriguing. Especially since I love 2.5" squares and all of their patterns.

Enjoy your day ladies...

Barb

NoraB 02-23-2015 05:22 PM

Has anyone seen the list for the March birthdays? I don't know where to look for it. Does it come in a private message on this site or does it come via personal e-mail? Please let me know...I'm afraid it's out there and I don't know how to get to it. Thanks!