Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2015-16-birthday-swap-candy-style-2-5-a-t260572.html)

jaba 08-04-2015 05:33 AM

travelinggramma, mailed your package yesterday too.
Barb, sorry no one would quilt it for you. Glad you got it finished on time though and I'm sure it will be loved!

sewbizgirl 08-04-2015 06:40 AM

Just pm'd you Barb....

trish b 08-05-2015 10:13 AM

Travelinggamma I mailed your candies yesterday. Hope you get all of them before your birthday.
I have been busy lately going Row by Row shop hopping. It is such fun. I have met the most wonderful shop owners. Yesterday one lady in Longview WA opened her door after hours for me. I was looking thru the window and she took pity on me and a friend. We got a great pattern and she made $60 in sales. We visited 8 shops in SW Washington . How many of you have or intend to make a quilt from these patterns?

n10sgrrl 08-05-2015 06:37 PM

I put Travelinggramma's candies in the mail yesterday. Turns out I have 4 friends having babies in October and November. One boy, one girl and two couples are waiting until the baby is born to find out the sex. Time to start cranking out some baby blankets!

WMUTeach 08-05-2015 06:43 PM

A good way to use some of those little 2.5 inch squares!

barbarakibler23 08-06-2015 05:36 AM

Hi ladies

Hope all is well...I am off on my family reunion, it was a blast last year. There were 44 people there last year for the first reunion. Only 33 this year. (does that mean 9 did not have a good time :( ) My dad was there last year and as far as I am concerned he is the only one with a good excuse not to be there. (passed away in January) He will be missed at the reunion.
We all share a very large cabin that has 8 bedrooms and large social area and a large kitchen. Each bedroom has a bathroom and sleeps up to 10! It is a lot of togetherness but it is fun.
The resort (I usually very loosely here) has a lake, lots of paddleboats, kayaks, canoes, body boards and pretty much anything else you can use on a non motor lake.
They also have paintball and zip line, frisbee golf and a hayride.
Each family is in charge of a meal so we only cook once all weekend.
I leave today (thursday) and come back exhausted on Sunday.

oh and no internet..(yeah)

and we play games all evening long to the wee hours of the morning. I grew up playing games so this is the highlight for me. We play CONTACT SOLITAIRE. It consists of 8 people 8 decks of cards and a lot of moving around the table. very noisy and lots of fun! We made it up as family and someday we should video tape it for youtube.

I will check in either Sunday or Monday....have a good weekend.

sewbizgirl 08-06-2015 11:26 AM

Have a great time with your family, Barb! Will be looking forward to some stories when you get back.

n10sgrrl 08-06-2015 09:14 PM

A candy package from ajakol was in my mailbox today. Thank you!

sewbizgirl 08-07-2015 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by n10sgrrl (Post 7279356)
A candy package from ajakol was in my mailbox today. Thank you!

Yipes...your birthday was a MONTH ago... did you get all your others?

djmat 08-07-2015 01:29 PM

Off to the American Legion for our Mary's bon voyage party with steaks & all the trimmings. The ballpark next door is due to have fireworks after the game!!!

Hugs to all the teachers preparing to return to school, those bulletin boards don't decorate themselves!
djmat