Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2015/16 birthday swap...candy style 2.5" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2015-16-birthday-swap-candy-style-2-5-a-t260572.html)

barbarakibler23 03-10-2015 08:10 AM

Thanks for the check in ladies...

Spring is just around the corner (yeah) at least according to the calendar and the few mallards that came back to my pond today. One was walking around on the ice....making a lot of noise and soon there were 5 more! I know the 40 degree days that we were just spoiled with will be a memory but I ready!
Come on spring!!!!!

barbarakibler23 03-10-2015 08:23 AM

Two updates:

1) september 23rd birthday is: QuilterJody (not Joy)
2) Dec 1 Nurse Bonnie off the list

:)Barb

bjsmith57 03-10-2015 08:33 AM

Corrrection...thank you quilterjody...not quilterjoy

Originally Posted by bjsmith57 (Post 7119567)
On 3/6/15 I received birthday candy from quilterjoy.

Thank you for the lovely candy Ms. Jody:)

bjsmith57

bjsmith57 03-10-2015 08:35 AM

Ladies,

I will post on line when I receive your candies and I will thank you as they come in. Due to my heavy workload this works best for me. I am bumping up this message in case it was overlooked:)

Originally Posted by bjsmith57 (Post 7116480)
I received lovely candies today 3/5/15 from:
1. travelinggramma
2. michellesews

Thank you so much ladies:)
bjsmith57

barbarakibler23 03-10-2015 08:48 AM

:) thanks Bjsmith57!

Janice McC 03-10-2015 08:50 AM

Got the changes. Thanks, Barb!

And I forgot to add that I've been cutting up some lovely florals I used in a Jacob's Ladder swap. Quite a few will make it into the first sets of packages to go out. I didn't even mind cutting because they are so pretty!

Originally Posted by barbarakibler23 (Post 7122358)
Two updates:

1) september 23rd birthday is: QuilterJody (not Joy)
2) Dec 1 Nurse Bonnie off the list

:)Barb

barbarakibler23 03-10-2015 08:57 AM

So a little suggestion on the contests.

I will use the answers from the questionnaire....so I write down on the list that NoraB made the number in the top right corner on each persons line so I can find them again.

so if I ask a question.....like.....who has a schnorkie named Sophie.....you would look back through the answers and see that it is....ME!

So that is why I need everyone to fill out the questionnaire....need lots of answers. I also mix it up with timeline questions and fill in the fact questions. First contest will be posted around March 30th and you will get 24 hours to post your answer to MY PM ONLY ...so you don't give away the answers to anyone else.
then I have a very scientific way to pick a name of the players and then I will post the winner here.....

and then I send you a prize!

Yeah....I love the contests!

Barb

WMUTeach 03-10-2015 09:40 AM

Not crazy about being first and certainly don't want to be last, soooooo here I go!

1. Not married any longer. I have been thirty years single and content with my present state. If a good option comes my way, I would consider marrying but again, content. I have three children, two married and one who has returned home for good reason and is recovering from a bad case of life being difficult. I have 5 grand children: a set of grand-twins who have a younger brother and my first two grands, boy/girl who live in Indiana. I also have a number of grand cats, my son and his wife an zero population growth folks and have blessed me with three "grandcats". I have a wonderful brother and a bushel of caring and lively nieces and nephews with children.

2. Favorite color used to be a deep wine red, turkey red maybe but now I am moving toward purples and blues. I do not like yellow or orange or brown. I quilt with any color and love the rich rusty colors of autumn. I wear black a lot but then it is such a great choice for showing off every other color God created! Love those jewel tones!

3. Favorite quilt? Too many to count. I tend to do a lot of scrappy. I just love the adventure of it. The quilt I use the most is a scrappy made of half square triangles in lights and darks set in color groups like a diamond shaped bulls-eye. I can't think of the name of the setting, old and traditional. Any why, this quilt is not special in any way only it pleases me.

4. No favorite because I do not watch TV. Yes, I have a television but I only watch DVDs. I gave up TV when I have only one choice of cable provider that was too costly and unreliable. Besides, I am still working full time and by the time I get home I would rather do other things that watch TV. Miss those special events, news and BBC, but I am not suffering from lack of entertainment.

5. Yes, I have a dear little friend, pussy cat, Scout. She is in my avitar. She is my constant friend when sewing, reading, and sleeping. As all four-footed friend she must rest on my fabric while I am quilting, on the quilt while laying it out, occasionally rearranging my blocks and in the middle of the bed when I am trying to stretch out and relax for the night. Lover her to bits and yes, she is named after the character in To Kill A Mockingbird. She was a rescue and came with that name. I have been entranced with the book for years and years, so the name was pleasing to me from the first moment I saw her furry face.

quilterjody 03-10-2015 04:14 PM

ok question answer time. I would have done this sooner but this is my busiest time of year at work.
1. I am married with children. 3 boys. 1 is in college and I have a senior and sophomore in high school. This May will be my 25th wedding anniversary.
2. I don't really have a favorite color. I like them all. Although I don't wear purple. I just am not fond of wearing that color. I think it is pretty elsewhere just not on my body.
3. My favorite quilt is not one I made. My great grandmother made a grandmother's flower garden. She fussy cut flower fabric so the little hexies have a little flower centered in them. All hand pieced and quilted. I really admire it.
4. I like lots of t.v shows. I am a huge fan of The Big Bang Theory. I also like Criminal Minds and The Blacklist.
5. We have a zoo. 2 cats Sheldon and Milkdud, 2 dogs Tabby and Dutch, a turtle, a rat and an iguana. I am really hoping some of the more unusual pets move out when the boys get home of their own. :)

quilterjody (thanks for straightening out my name...which was no big deal. quilting does bring me joy and I have been called much worse. LOL)

bjsmith57 03-10-2015 04:24 PM

I received the following candies today Tues. 3/10 from:
1. kele
2. TPr9258
3. happylab

Thank you ladies the candies and cards are so nice.

bjsmith57