Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2018 April Secret Pal Sign Up Sheet (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2018-april-secret-pal-sign-up-sheet-t295688.html)

verna2197 03-22-2018 12:35 PM

2018 April Secret Pal Sign Up Sheet

<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-536870145 1073743103 0 0 415 0;} @font-face {font-family:"MS ??"; panose-1:0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:128; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:1 134676480 16 0 131072 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS ??"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:11.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:11.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:11.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-font-family:"MS ??"; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} --> </style> This is a monthly secret pal swap. There is a sign up every month, and you can choose whether or not to participate each month. You will get a different partner every month, and the person you send to will be different than the person you receive from. Failure to send you package after signing up will be cause to be banned from all future swaps

After receiving your Secret Pal’s details, go to work and put together a package with something you think your pal would like. There is a $10.00 limit on this swap that does not include what you have in your stash. Most swappers do not mind like-new stash items

You will need to send Me and your SP a PM when mailing and receiving. This way I can keep my records straight. You also should take pictures and post in group.

Packages need to be mailed out by April 15th, this is a Firm deadline.
All International mailings must be mailed by April 10[SUP]th[/SUP] FIRM. If you know that you cannot mail by that date Please Do Not Sign Up.
For international mailing it is very important that you mark your parcel as a 'Gift'. Usually on the Customs Declaration there's a box you can check. Also, the value should be $10 only (even if you send diamond necklace).

The person receiving the package is liable for Import Duty, Tax and a Handling fee. This can cost the person receiving as much as $40.

As an aside, padded envelopes are much cheaper to send compared to small boxes. I'm not sure if that's true for every carrier or not.

Our International board members are welcome to join the swap.
You must have a phone # or email to sign up

Screen Name:
Address:
City, State, Zip:

Favorite Color(s):
Least favorite color(s):
The fabric color I am looking for ?
Brand of sewing machine?
Do you hand embroidery or do you have an embroidery machine?
How long have you been sewing/quilting?
Would you like to receive gently used items pertaining to quilting/sewing?
Socks/Slippers?
Body washes/Lotions/Organic bar soap?
Quilting Notions
Besides quilting what do you like to do?
Do you like to read and if so what type?
Do you have Allergies/Allergens?
Would you like to receive candy/cookies/snacks/drinks?
Do you have pets, if so what kind?
Do you collect anything if so what?
Can you take a pic and post so we can see what you received?
What do you want the most and what don’t you want?
International Swappers is there anything that is hard for you to find in your country? If so please let us know.
Tell your SP something about yourself to make it easier for them to purchase for you

Can you mail international?
Email address:
Phone number:

Sign Ups will close March 31st and names will be sent out no later than April 2[SUP]nd[/SUP].
If your pal does not receive her/his package within a reasonable time then I will need tracking information. I know there will be exception on the mailing you will need to inform me.
Remember there is a $10.00 limit on this swap that does not include what you have in your stash.
Just enjoy and have fun!

Mary Christine 03-22-2018 04:43 PM

Hi Verna!
Count me in again please. I'm having a ball!

Mary Christine

kwyltaholic 03-22-2018 06:30 PM

Verna,
I'll play again. I love this swap!
Will send info later.

RJLinkletter 03-22-2018 10:20 PM

Are there many people who like to swap internationally or is it a real pain? I'm happy to only swap every few months if there aren't many international swappers as I know it adds cost.

BrendaK 03-22-2018 11:28 PM

Hi, Verna. Hope you are feeling better. I am in again. I have sent my information. BrendaK

verna2197 03-23-2018 05:31 AM

We usually have a couple of international sign up. Plus there are several here on the board that does not mind shipping international, they like getting things from different countries. Don’t feel like you have to not join just because your in a different country there will always be someone here that will love it

Originally Posted by RJLinkletter (Post 8026976)
Are there many people who like to swap internationally or is it a real pain? I'm happy to only swap every few months if there aren't many international swappers as I know it adds cost.

verna2197 03-23-2018 05:33 AM

Thank you Brenda I thought I was doing so much better till I went bck the Dr yesterday. Am going back in for another manulpation on my knee in April.

Originally Posted by BrendaK (Post 8026999)
Hi, Verna. Hope you are feeling better. I am in again. I have sent my information. BrendaK

redstilettos 03-23-2018 05:56 AM

Hi Verna, nice to see you up and "running" (ha, right!)

I'm sending mine in...you'll receive it shortly!

I do wish the people that join would be "chattier" on here....it makes it soooo much easier to get to 'know' them and really personalize the packages. But I do understand those wall-flower types, too, as my bestie is one of them!

verna2197 03-23-2018 08:22 AM

This group use to have so much chatter on it. Alot of the people that were regulars left a couple years ago. Dont know why. I wasnt in charge of the group then.

Crispy_Frog 03-23-2018 09:33 AM

I'll send mine in!

Red- you kick off the chatter. Name some of the fun things you have received in this swap or others!

Crispy