Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 April Secret Pal Sign Up Sheet

2018 April Secret Pal Sign Up Sheet

This is a monthly secret pal swap. There is a sign up every month, and you can choose whether or not to participate each month. You will get a different partner every month, and the person you send to will be different than the person you receive from. Failure to send you package after signing up will be cause to be banned from all future swaps

After receiving your Secret Pal’s details, go to work and put together a package with something you think your pal would like. There is a $10.00 limit on this swap that does not include what you have in your stash. Most swappers do not mind like-new stash items

You will need to send Me and your SP a PM when mailing and receiving. This way I can keep my records straight. You also should take pictures and post in group.

Packages need to be mailed out by April 15th, this is a Firm deadline.
    All International mailings must be mailed by April 10th FIRM. If you know that you cannot mail by that date Please Do Not Sign Up.
    For international mailing it is very important that you mark your parcel as a 'Gift'. Usually on the Customs Declaration there's a box you can check. Also, the value should be $10 only (even if you send diamond necklace).

The person receiving the package is liable for Import Duty, Tax and a Handling fee. This can cost the person receiving as much as $40.

As an aside, padded envelopes are much cheaper to send compared to small boxes. I'm not sure if that's true for every carrier or not.

Our International board members are welcome to join the swap.
    You must have a phone # or email to sign up

Screen Name:
    Address:
    City, State, Zip:

Favorite Color(s):
    Least favorite color(s):
    The fabric color I am looking for ?
    Brand of sewing machine?
    Do you hand embroidery or do you have an embroidery machine?
    How long have you been sewing/quilting?
    Would you like to receive gently used items pertaining to quilting/sewing?
    Socks/Slippers?
    Body washes/Lotions/Organic bar soap?
    Quilting Notions
    Besides quilting what do you like to do?
    Do you like to read and if so what type?
    Do you have Allergies/Allergens?
    Would you like to receive candy/cookies/snacks/drinks?
    Do you have pets, if so what kind?
    Do you collect anything if so what?
    Can you take a pic and post so we can see what you received?
    What do you want the most and what don’t you want?
    International Swappers is there anything that is hard for you to find in your country? If so please let us know.
    Tell your SP something about yourself to make it easier for them to purchase for you

Can you mail international?
    Email address:
    Phone number:

Sign Ups will close March 31st and names will be sent out no later than April 2nd.
    If your pal does not receive her/his package within a reasonable time then I will need tracking information. I know there will be exception on the mailing you will need to inform me.
    Remember there is a $10.00 limit on this swap that does not include what you have in your stash.
    Just enjoy and have fun!
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-22-2018 at 01:37 PM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps and extra lines
    I collect Seraphim Angels

Hi Verna!
    Count me in again please. I'm having a ball!

Mary Christine

Verna,
    I'll play again. I love this swap!
    Will send info later.
    Linda ^i^

Are there many people who like to swap internationally or is it a real pain? I'm happy to only swap every few months if there aren't many international swappers as I know it adds cost.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Hi, Verna. Hope you are feeling better. I am in again. I have sent my information. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

We usually have a couple of international sign up. Plus there are several here on the board that does not mind shipping international, they like getting things from different countries. Don’t feel like you have to not join just because your in a different country there will always be someone here that will love it

Quote Originally Posted by RJLinkletter View Post
    Are there many people who like to swap internationally or is it a real pain? I'm happy to only swap every few months if there aren't many international swappers as I know it adds cost.

Thank you Brenda I thought I was doing so much better till I went bck the Dr yesterday. Am going back in for another manulpation on my knee in April.

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaK View Post
    Hi, Verna. Hope you are feeling better. I am in again. I have sent my information. BrendaK

Hi Verna, nice to see you up and "running" (ha, right!)

I'm sending mine in...you'll receive it shortly!

I do wish the people that join would be "chattier" on here....it makes it soooo much easier to get to 'know' them and really personalize the packages. But I do understand those wall-flower types, too, as my bestie is one of them!

This group use to have so much chatter on it. Alot of the people that were regulars left a couple years ago. Dont know why. I wasnt in charge of the group then.

I'll send mine in!

Red- you kick off the chatter. Name some of the fun things you have received in this swap or others!

Crispy

I am in! I will send my info shortly Verna!
    Collector of thimbles, owls and embroidery items.

Crispy-You asked what are some fun things we received from this swap or others. I love socks I am a sock and hat freak. Brendak sent me some Betty Boop socks in the February SP swap and I just love them!
    Collector of thimbles, owls and embroidery items.

I am in.

I too, love socks. The wilder and crazy, the more I love them. Love knee highs and short socks. Cannot go wrong with socks. Like my fabric that way too.
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

I'm in then. Will send over my info tomorrow. I'm on an introduction to FMQ course tw so quite excited!

Verna, I am again. Will send info directly. Always nice to have new people join our swap!

Suppose to get 3 to 8" of snow tomorrow. I am so over it!!!! If I wanted so much snow I would live somewhere, that is suppose to get lots. Just go away, it is Spring.

I haven't been on much. Been busy, busy here these past few months. I am working on 60 bags for school kids for our church to put school supplies in and distribute. Plus my charity group, and quilting many, many quilts for the kids we give to. Now I am in charge of heading up feeding church Easter breakfast. We fed 71 last year and it is just 5 of us that do it. I took the baby, (dog), to vet today and he has a mass of some sort that has grown to a very unacceptable size and now we have to let them remove it. He has 5 smaller ones on his underside they took samples of today. This has been really hard, as my other baby we sent to heaven just 2 years ago this past December, he also had a mass and they believe it was cancer and not able to remove. He got bad and we made the decision to let him go. So I feel as if I lam going through this all over again. I broke down at the vet. How embarrassing is that? They just are kids to me. I said then I wouldn't get another, and this baby was my son's and he always wanted to be here so my son gave him to me, and he found another baby. So I have him and a new grandbaby dog. Once I get the bags and Easter behind me I will have more time to get in and be a chatter again.
    Happy Quilting!
    Cathy

Oh Cathy! I'm so sorry to hear about your baby! I know how you feel, having had to put one of my own down a few years ago. I swore I wouldn't get another, but I did. She's now 12 years old and beginning to slow down. I dread the day she takes her final trip to the vet.

Catjo,

I am so sorry for you and your fur baby. Breaking down at the vet is not stupid..... when my girl got Pyometria (sp) a couple of years ago I was in pieces.... I didn't want to leave her at the vets and when the vet finally told me how ill she was (he was hoping to get me out of there without telling me - he had told DH) I didn't want to leave until she had been operated on and was on the mend. Eventually they persuaded me to go home and wait...... and the vet was wonderful, he phoned me at almost midnight just to tell me she was out of surgery and recovering well.

Also, DH was sure he was in for a divorce because it was his fault she got ill. I wanted to have her spayed, but he didn't, he said that she would make a wonderful mum and she should have the chance to be one.... I didn't want that. Had she been spayed she wouldn't have been ill - the whole time she was in surgery, I was crying on and off and DH was saying, "You think it's my fault - don't you" ! I think I was very unkind as I replied... I don't think, I know it's your fault! Not a nice thing to say as he loves her too!

Still, the whole point of the story is that it is not silly to be upset, wherever you are... these babies are a big part of our lives and we love them. I will pray all goes well for your little one.

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

Verna,

I am in.... I have PM you - to the right address this time I hope!

Hugs

Caroline
    Caroline

I like chattie also, But the last couple of months for us have been hectic and a bit trying. Won't know until middle or last part of next week if I will be able to sign up for this month. Hubby goes in for his robotic partial nephrectomy (basically removing the cancer mass on lower part of his kidney) on Tuesday, then depending on how he gets thru surgery and is doing after I will see about shots for my back and some other stuff. It's always something isn't it??

My thinking is If you didn't care for and love your animals like they were your own, babies, kids, whatever, You shouldn't have them. That's just me, I have seen too many ppl have animals of any kind and not care for them at all or very much. We had to let our two girls Suzy and Dot go last year, we very much didn't want to see them go But it was too heart breaking to see them suffer. As an aside I never explain or apologize for my feelings and love for my pets or Anything, talk about it yes, But justify no. ok LOL i'm done.

Oh and my youngest daughter told us two weeks ago her hubs got another job, And this past Monday they bought another house in the city they are moving to and sold their one here. Which , yes is a blessing as he starts his new job on April 9th and would have to be staying someplace almost 3 hrs away from his family BUT as for as MeMe here is concerned, they are moving ALOT quicker than we thought and taking my precious grangirls with them!! I never took it for granted that I got/get to see all of my grandchildren everyday and anytime I wanted, as most of my friends grandchildren are at least 3 or 4 hours away, Yet still I always held out hope neither of my girls would move away. Such if life right? Just need to continue to roll with whatever I'm dealt. I've found I have been making a heck of a lot of lemonade this year so far!!!!!

THANKS for letting me vent ladies, I may have not been chatting lately, But you wonderful precious souls have kept me sane and joyful these last two months. Huggs

Count me in again.
    Vontina Collick

"If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward" -Dr. Martin L. King, Jr.

I have been working on my Quilting Diva and if your not comfortable with applique then its hard. Really had to think a few things over. LOL! Anyway here is my Diva and I named her Ruby, not completely done and there are mistakes. Like I should have lined the skin tone or gotten something differnet. Ruby is laying on my ironing board, had hubby hold her up but wasn't a very good pic. Still have lots to do, still have to put bottom border on with the words and make the pin cushion then sew it all down.
    Name:  IMG_3152mod.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  67.1 KB

oh Verna I think Ruby is excellent!!! WOW

Verna, I think Ruby is a beauty!

Blog Entries
    Verna
    Ruby is beautiful!!!!!
    I am sending you my info for this month's swap.
    Boy have I missed being on the site for soooo long
    Cathy A tumrub
    catherine antone

Verna! I love Ruby! Did it take much time to do? I feel intimidated by the prospect of doing the Quilting Diva. Do you use the fusible web for the pieces? Do you sew them on? What do you recommend? How did you make the tag, " I heart quilting"?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast