Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: March 2018 Secret Pal Swap

March 2018 Secret Pal Swap

This is a monthly secret pal swap. There is a sign up every month, and you can
    choose whether or not to participate each month. You will get a different partner
    every month, and the person you send to will be different than the person you
    receive from. Failure to send you package after signing up will be cause to be banned from all
    future swaps.
    After receiving your Secret Palís details, go to work and put together a package with
    something you think your pal would like. There is a $10.00 limit on this swap that does not
    include what you have in your stash. Most swappers do not mind like-new stash items.
    You will need to send ME a PM when mailing and receiving. Also send a PM to your SP
    thanking them. This way I can keep my records straight. You also should take pictures and post
    in group.
    Packages need to be mailed out by March 15th, this is a Firm deadline. All International mailings
    must be mailed by March 10th FIRM. If you know that you cannot mail by that date, Please Do
    Not Sign Up.
    For international mailing it is very important that you mark your parcel as a 'Gift'. Usually on the
    Customs Declaration there's a box you can check. Also, the value should be $10 only (even if
    you send diamond necklace).
    The person receiving the package is liable for Import Duty, Tax and a Handling fee. This can
    cost the person receiving as much as $40.
    As an aside, padded envelopes are much cheaper to send compared to small boxes. I'm not sure if
    that's true for every carrier or not.
    Our International board members are welcome to join the swap.
    You must have a phone # or email to sign up

Screen Name:
    Address:
    City, State, Zip:
    Favorite Color(s):
    Least favorite color(s):
    The fabric color I am looking for ?
    Brand of sewing machine?
    Do you hand embroidery or do you have an embroidery machine?
    How long have you been sewing/quilting?
    Would you like to receive gently used items pertaining to quilting/sewing?
    Socks/Slippers/T-Shirts and what sizes?
    Body washes/Lotions/Organic bar soap?
    Quilting Notions
    Besides quilting what do you like to do?
    Do you like to read and if so what type?
    Do you have Allergies/Allergens?
    Would you like to receive candy/cookies/snacks/drinks?
    Do you have pets, if so what kind?
    Do you collect anything if so what?
    Can you take a pic and post so we can see what you received?
    What do you want the most and what donít you want?
    International Swappers is there anything that is hard for you to find in your country? If so please
    let us know.
    Tell your SP something about yourself to make it easier for them to purchase for you.
    Can you mail international?
    Email address:
    Phone number:
    Sign Ups will close February 28th and names will be sent out no later than March 2nd
    If your pal does not receive her/his package within a reasonable time then I will need tracking
    information. I know if there is an exception on the mailing you will need to inform me.
    I collect Seraphim Angels

Please sign me up I have sent you my info through PM.

I am in. Just so my secret pal know, this is what I am talking about in my sign-up sheet.

https://www.daysforgirls.org/

Name:  d07e5ef7c8ca602d6dc139f5661e9847--sewing-patterns-girls-days-for-girls-patterns.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  81.6 KBName:  fba797dc54bf42ee279c81f70c170262--days-for-girls-girls-life.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  95.3 KBName:  IMG_20161201_150312965_HDR.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  764.3 KBName:  11535810_1655253578042706_4410940836258099814_n.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  123.5 KB
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

Eek! I've just signed up to my first ever swap! If anyone wants anything London or English themed etc I'm your gal!

Welcome to the swap RJLinkletter, this is a great and fun swap.

Verna

Quote Originally Posted by RJLinkletter View Post
    Eek! I've just signed up to my first ever swap! If anyone wants anything London or English themed etc I'm your gal!

hav4boys pretty cool thing you are doing

Verna

RJLinkletter, welcome. This is a great swap!
    Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.~Karen Salmansohn

I'm back in!!!! I sat out a couple of months, but I have truly missed it. Looking forward to seeing what everyone receives. I sent my info to you Verna.
    Happy Quilting!
    Cathy

Got it Cathy and welcome back

Welcome back, Verna! Sent my info in a PM to you.

Welcome back Verna! It's nice to see you driving this bus! I'm in for March! I will send in my PM.

I just want to thank Crispy_Frog again for the great job she did for me for the month of Feb. I really appreciate all the help, just don't think I could have done it at all last month with everything going on. So everyone help me in thank Judy for her help.

Verna

Welcome back to the fray, Ms. Verna! You had an exceptionally well organized substitute teacher keeping all us naughty ones in line. She did a great job! Until people host, I don't think they know what is all involved trying to keep everyone happy and engaged. She came through with flying colors.

I'm in for this month.

I've only participated a few months now, here and there, and I can say it is super duper helpful to have those profiles filled out. This is our chance to get to know our pals better. What kind of quilts do you like to make? I have learned Crispy doesn't like grays or black in those modern quilts. Well....that's good info to know! The more we fill them out, and the more tid-bits we can provide, the better the package we can receive, and more importantly, the easier it is for our secret pal to put something together that is welcomed.

That's my PBS announcement for the day. But as many of you know....this is one girl who can't keep her mouth shut! LOL

Have4: that is a neat project you are working on. I guess I always took it for granted I'd have something there for those moments.

I just looked and saw there is a 'team' in my town! When my daughter was going to adopt her husband's niece, which did not happen, she wanted to use cloth diapers (huh?!?!) Anyway, I had purchased PUL and microfiber clothes etc. I'm going to contact my local chapter and see if they want me to make any with these items.

Thank you so much for sharing that information!
    Small thing for us....Huge for those young ladies!
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-05-2018 at 09:45 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps

Have4boys- I finally got back around to looking at the Day for Girls website. That is fascinating information. It is an amazing outreach to so many women. Thanks for posting!

redstilettos

clean your mailbox out just tried to send you a pm and said you box is full. Just wanted to let you know that if you sent you info in for the month I did not get it.

Verna

I've made room in my In basket. Thanks for letting me know!

I'll email my info wa little later when not on my phone. These buttons are way too little lol

My info is in

Please sign me up again! I will pm you my info.

Hav4Boys-What a very worthwhile cause you are donating your time too. That is amazing!
    Collector of thimbles, owls and embroidery items.

Here is a question for everyone. I know in our area a lot of our quilt stores carry the same designer or manufacturer fabric like ours here a big one is Moda. So it is hard to find other designer fabrics or there is only a few stores that carry only a limited supply of the line.

My question is this: What fabrics are hard to find in your area?

This might give your SP some ideas of something to send you.
    Collector of thimbles, owls and embroidery items.

TexasTam- It might be because United Notions/Moda Fabrics are headquartered here in the DFW area. It really is too bad that they don't have a clearance outlet. Wouldn't that be fun?!

Oh! I'd come down from Wisconsin if they had a clearance outlet. Wouldn't it be fun to shop in everyone's back yard? We'd have built-in tour guides!

ok so far this is who I have for the swap if your name does not show up and you have PM me your info please let me know. thanks

armylady2012
    bullock2us
    catjo
    crispy_frog
    hav4boys
    mary christine
    red stilettos
    rljlinkletter
    texastam
    tumrub
    wbfrog

Please sign me up!
    This month got away from me!
    Sent info.
    Linda ^i^

Got almost all the names sent out. My leg is starting to hurt so I need to go prop it up and go to sleep. Have a Drs appt in the morning in Knoxville. When I get back home I will finish the rest of them up. Only have 5 more to send out. Please be patient with me. If I have time before Dr appt I will finish them in the morning just don't know if I will though.

Verna

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast