Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2018 Wall Hanging Swap July - Oct (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2018-wall-hanging-swap-july-oct-t298072.html)

Linny 09-03-2018 11:16 AM

I love it! Your colors and fabric are perfect.

Teen 09-05-2018 04:40 PM

Ube..... That turned out awesome. Love the fabrics and colors..

MarionsQuilts 09-06-2018 12:50 PM

That's gorgeous Ube!!!! Love the colours ... I so love the dresden look, but always end up making mine so freaking huge. I just mailed 9 out to a woman in England because I had all these ideas, and then when it came time to do it, I just couldn't get into it!

Rumbols 09-10-2018 04:33 PM

What a lovely wHing Ube.

amalia64 09-12-2018 01:30 PM

Hi ladies, just saw this post. I used to participate in the Doll Swap but haven't participated in anything in a long time. Cannot find it any more. Did this take the place of the Doll Swap?. Would it be too late for me to sign in?

Armylady2012 09-12-2018 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by amalia64 (Post 8125730)
Hi ladies, just saw this post. I used to participate in the Doll Swap but haven't participated in anything in a long time. Cannot find it any more. Did this take the place of the Doll Swap?. Would it be too late for me to sign in?

Amalia64 you still have time to make a wall-hanging you just need to be ready to mail by the end of October and you have informed Rhonda the hostess that you are ready to mail. You can try PMing her let her know that you would like to join the swap. The Ready to mail list is the one she uses to send a partners name too you and that is the one that counts.

Rhonda 09-12-2018 03:05 PM

It seems the doll quilt swap has faded out. There was some discussion about it wasn't really a doll quilt so they opted to call it the Small Quilt Swap. But I don't see anything posted in the last few months. That's sad. It was a popular swap. I have about 20 doll quilts I got from that swap.

This is similar but yet different. Go back to the first post and read the rules. Basically you have 4 months from the time the post is posted until the end of the 4th month. Since this one started in July it ends on Oct 31st.
You must have a wall hanging ready to mail before midnight on Oct 31st. you also need to let me know when you are ready to mail so I can get you in the list.

There is no obligation to follow through. If you aren't ready when it is time to mail you can just use it for the next swap.

no real rules other than it must be larger than a mug rug and smaller than a lap quilt LOL anything goes as to style and type.

I try to post the ready to mail list about the middle of Oct. THat is the list you need to be on to get an address to mail your wh to.

I need your address and information

Allergies
pets
smoker?
can you send international
I would like a phone number and email address if possible.

I hope you join us! We'd love to have you come play with us!

amalia64 09-12-2018 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Armylady2012 (Post 8125745)
Amalia64 you still have time to make a wall-hanging you just need to be ready to mail by the end of October and you have informed Rhonda the hostess that you are ready to mail. You can try PMing her let her know that you would like to join the swap. The Ready to mail list is the one she uses to send a partners name too you and that is the one that counts.

Thank u, I will

amalia64 09-12-2018 05:31 PM

Awesome, thank u. I really enjoyed the Doll quilt. Learned a lot from everyone when I did them. I have a few but not 20, all r pretty. I did the postcard swap for this month and enjoyed that. As soon as I finish my 2 flannel quilt challenge for Hospice I will start on this one. Have ideas. Then I will send u my info.. I am excited.. So anything goes? That can be fun and a challenge..

Annaquilts 09-12-2018 06:59 PM

I loved the doll quilt swap. Yes, this is probably the closest to it. Come join us. There is a lot of flexibility and if you miss one cut off you can try for the next round.