Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2020 June through November Round Robin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2020-june-through-november-round-robin-t311231.html)

carriem 06-18-2020 07:24 AM

Macybaby--love the kaleidoscope in the center of your block! Are those fabrics metallic too? I would be fine with machine embroidery...not something I do so would be fun to have it on one of my quilts. :)

No sewing yet..I got things done on my computer that I needed to (I am a Norwex consultant and have a couple parties going on on FB right now so needed to get posts scheduled for the day)... Then DH came home early for lunch today so will go out to my craft room when he heads back to work. Yay!!

Bugaroo 06-18-2020 07:34 AM

I am so oooooooing and ughhhhhhing! Macybaby your center is so royal looking. Beautiful colors.

Since we will be at our daughters until Saturday, I can't get back to sewing until next week. Good and bad. Gives me more time to "think" and redo my center. I think I may split my Dresden apart and put it in the corners and the bee, vines and leaves in the center. Still a work in progress.... in my head!

Embroidery sounds lovely to me. I like seeing what others create and blend together.

sewbizgirl 06-18-2020 09:54 AM

Beautiful center, Macybaby! Love the fussy cutting and piecing!

Maybe a yes or no on machine embroidery could be something addressed in the notes we send?

Love the pictures. Please keep them coming...

maryb119 06-18-2020 10:49 AM

Macybaby!!!! Love the center!!!!!

sewbizgirl, I have a new Pfaff Icon and I was thinking of using some embroidery if the border design allows for it in group 1. I hope that would be OK. I would only do it if it accented the border I was adding....and I would ask first.

Macybaby 06-18-2020 11:21 AM

carriem, The fabric with the circles is metallic, the rest are not.

As to adding embroidery, I'd do the same as Mary and ask first if I had an idea to add some. I like to do things like add a butterfly (or bee) here and there as accents.

travelinggramma 06-18-2020 11:42 AM

MacyBaby - absolutely love your center. I can see alot of blue lovers in this group

As for when to send - Send it out when it is ready as long as the person you are sending it to will be home to receive it. The first of the month is when everyone should have received the next project, not when you are to send it.

Embroidery - yes for me as I don't have a machine and always amazed. But I agree - PM the person and ask them directly.

another question - are we doing tracking on our mailings? I plan on it so I don't get an anxiety attack wondering just which country it went to. (We had that issue with one of the booms - the packages were going all over the place)

And it won't be long now when we start seeing pictures from Group 1's first round!!

sewbizgirl 06-18-2020 01:13 PM

TG, if you mail with a priority envelope, I think a tracking number comes with it. That's a good reminder to send your partner the tracking number when you mail, so they can watch for it and will know where it is.

Embroidery for me is a no. I just don't like it. I do love hand embroidery, tho. I am probably the only one in both groups who doesn't like machine embroidery, so please forgive me, those of you with multi-thousand dollar embroidery machines! :P

travelinggramma 06-18-2020 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8394579)
those of you with multi-thousand dollar embroidery machines! :P

I am laughing - A few years ago we were in Florida and had a meet-up with a number of QB members ( Jaba was one). A few DH came along. We met at a Quilt store where of course we gals went shopping and the men stayed in the meeting room and got to know each other. We followed that with a wonderful lunch with great conversation.
On the way home my DH asked what I had paid for my last machine - a used Bernina Record from 60's. I said $300 why? He said " I will never mention money again when it comes to your quilting. Do machines really cost in the 10s of thousands??"" And he hasn't!!

carriem 06-18-2020 02:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I am not done yet but have a good start. I am the one who asked if it was ok that I do a rectangle center. Here is my 12" main block...completed block to come in the morning. Just need to make 6 more 3" blocks...

sewbizgirl 06-18-2020 02:51 PM

I like that, Carrie! Your fabrics came together beautifully.