Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2020 June through November Round Robin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2020-june-through-november-round-robin-t311231.html)

LAF2019 06-23-2020 04:32 PM

oooh, the first of the round 2 pictures! I love it. the colors and design complement the center very well. nice job!

travelinggramma 06-23-2020 04:54 PM

Sewbiz - I had to go back and look at the original center! Your additions made it change so much - perfect!

sewbizgirl 06-23-2020 04:54 PM

I’m so glad you like it, givio... have you figured out the connection I spoke of?

Did you say you were sending along a journal with your quilt top? Because there wasn’t one in the package.

Iceblossom 06-23-2020 05:15 PM

Sewbiz, I am sufficiently beating up myself. It did go out today (express) with the tracking numbers to prove it. I am here and present and my normal timely self from here on out. I really can't say how bad I feel about this, the worst part is the center had been done. If I had kept up with the thread, I would have mailed it out sooner, but I didn't because I've been muddling about and not facing reality. No real excuses, I dropped the ball.

I solemnly swear I will check in this thread every day (as well as work on projects as they come in). I think it is so exciting that there is an additional group. I may not always face reality, but I always make my commitments real.

carriem 06-23-2020 05:42 PM

Bugaroo--I don't think I said anything on your finished center, but I really like it! Thanks for posting all the centers together for Group 2! It will be fun to watch them grow each month. :)

SBG--your additions to givio's center look great. So pretty.

Iceblossom--your center is so soft and calming...those baskets will be a nice finishing touch.

givio 06-23-2020 05:52 PM

SBG, I guess it's too mysterious for my feeble brain. You probably recognized that I used leftover backing from my 9patch quilt for the blue background of my center... and you've done 9oatches on blue... Your loop had more like a daisy than a poppy or coneflower... You know the health struggles I had in 2019, so I appreciated your comment about the coneflowers... I can't think if it's something about flowers...I'm guessing the red print is a CW fabric, maybe one you sent me a scrap of, or have I commented on it if you used it in your Piecing the Past quilt that I liked so well? That quilt was quite red, and you had such nice double pinks in it... Send me a pm and we will laugh about what you intended. :-)

No, I didn't send a journal or a request for anything to add to the quilt top. If the scraps I sent come back to me unused, that's perfectly fine. I used that darker print I sent as an idea for my applique, and it's a fabric I'm fond of.

givio 06-23-2020 06:11 PM

Barb in LA, But in a situation like this, the group cheers you on, and your commitment to the group forces you to not end up with a UFO (well, I mean a UFO quilt top). I think you'd do fine. :-)

IceBlossom, thanks for posting a picture of your center and sending it along it's way! You are right, no matter what the center looks like, the end product is bound to be special. :-)

sewbizgirl 06-23-2020 07:32 PM

Ice, Thank you for getting that top in the mail! And you went the extra mile by sending it express... very nice of you. I’ll try to remember that you might need an extra prod and reminder at least a week before the due dates!

I really love your center (I’m a scrap quilter too) and think it’s going to make a lovely quilt. Looking forward to my turn to work on it.

Macybaby 06-24-2020 03:44 AM

my center is in the mail and on it's way (Sent pm with tracking) - really looking forward to working on the next round!

jaba 06-24-2020 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 8396063)
my center is in the mail and on it's way (Sent pm with tracking) - really looking forward to working on the next round!

Got your message, I'll be watching for it to arrive. Both of my granddaughter's and their spouses are coming this weekend and staying for a week, one quilts and the other just likes to have them :) Maybe they'll help me decide on the next round for your center.