Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2021-2022-2-5%94-birthday-swap-t313846.html)

WMUTeach 07-09-2021 03:52 AM

Sewbizgirl, another good idea added to the collection of 2.5 options. I am starting to need more 2.5s. How can that be? https://cdn.quiltingboard.com/images...s/rolleyes.png

Macybaby 07-09-2021 01:29 PM

Candies I'm sending out went in the mail this morning.

Right now my sewing room is a real mess (re-arranging, painting and putting up shelves) so no sewing has been happening for several weeks. I'm real ready to have things back together!

hav4boys 07-09-2021 03:17 PM

AHWU
Crispy Frog (It got here)

TravelingGramma
LorMarSzon
Kele
Cuppy
LoveofQuilts
BarbaraKibler 23
ibex94
NZQuilter
Patrick'sMom
Gaijin (thank you but I would have never noticed)
WendyMeD

sewbizgirl 07-09-2021 05:40 PM

My card to HAV4boys was mailed yesterday.

WMUTeach 07-09-2021 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby (Post 8495466)
Candies I'm sending out went in the mail this morning.

Right now my sewing room is a real mess (re-arranging, painting and putting up shelves) so no sewing has been happening for several weeks. I'm real ready to have things back together!

Goodness, I can only imagine how hard it is to not be able to play with your fabric and machine. But, just think how wonderful it will be to have a place for everything and everything put in its place.... for a little while any way. Pictures please.https://cdn.quiltingboard.com/images/smilies/wink.png It is always inspiring to see how other folks arrange their sewing space, storage apace and cutting space too.

WendyMcD 07-10-2021 08:11 PM

Wow, this is insane. I've got two - 17x7" boxes full of 2.5" mini charms and it looks like I am needing a third! I just bought 12 more boxes... I plan on organizing my fabrics better. The large totes which houses the bulk of my fabric will need to be replaced as they don't all fit into the closet. Crazy how my stash has grown just in this past year alone. I really need to dig in and figure out how to fit a quilt into my work week. Course instead of using up my 2.5, I cut a bunch of 5.5 from my purple, blue and green batiks and am making a skirt. It's slow going due to my ailments but after today I've got three of the five tiers done.
sigh
One of these days we should just set a date and start sewing our charms up.

DD went to Walmart for me and found two of the small table cloths... now I have a design wall. Well, none of our "walls" are free but I'll find someplace to tack it up.

WMUTeach 07-11-2021 04:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
WendyMcD, I am giggling with you. I have finished 5 quilts this year using 2.5s. With an average of 800 squares per quilt, that makes 4000 of those sweet candies used and I have more to go. My current challenge is I want particular particular colors for the Jacob's Ladder quilt and I am out, O-U-T of purple. Even my stash is out of purple. So, a-shopping-I-will-go but only for purple. It may be time to make something truly scrappy without a color plan that will allow me to use more of the remaining colors randomly.

I bought 13x9 boxes from the Dollar Store earlier this year and sorted my squares by color. It is just grand to pull out a box of just blue or just yellow and not have to sort or search. I share the idea again, just because you are in an organizing "mood" and for me this works. They are light weight, stack up well and can hold an amazing amount of little squares. For me the investment was oh, so worth it.

Any one else have organizing ideas for their squares to share with us?

WendyMcD 07-11-2021 08:56 AM

Organizing

3 Attachment(s)
Hi Laurie, love the 13x9 I’ll have to get a bunch, love!!! That idea. Mine are 7” deep so I have to prop them up. Now that I’m doing them my color I need to have the shorter depth.

Hope the pic loaded.

Been at it all night, Some nights I can’t sleep from my diseases, or their meds. I kept all of last years birthday cards, which is how I knew your name. We should make a list of handles and names. I can’t remember much, it would be helpful. Haven’t even touched the purchased minis yet and I’ve a bag of scraps.

Anyone here wanna swap for my 2020’s? I read the instructions and I think it said 35. I was so excited to be here that I had 37 done. We swapped like 25? I swapped with some friends but I’ve got a few left. 🤪

Back to it. Actually off to order more boxes. It’s gonna be awesome to have these done. Then I’ll start on my 5”,,, or maybe I should cut scraps. Yeeehaw! 🥰

WendyMcD 07-11-2021 10:16 AM

Organizing

My beloved boy is going to Walmart to pick up a food order I placed. Hopefully he’ll be able to get me some shorter boxes. Meanwhile I’m still sorting.

Question, what do you do with duplicates? Some of mine have like an inch of duplicates. Ones this pretty oranges with slices,,, and I don’t like the color. That and yellow are really important for my color washes so I do like them. I know my first quilt will be a color wash, on the diagonal, top left yellow to bottom right in black.

chatty patty today. 🥰

NZquilter 07-11-2021 10:51 AM

Wow, you ladies are far more organized than me! I have just one extra large shoebox size bin and in they all go. No color organization. I once organized all my fabric scraps into color labeled bins and I loved that system. I should probably try that again, but just for my normal scraps. Not for the candies! 😊 I now my girls would love to help me!