Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2022 - 2.5" Birthday Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2022-2-5-birthday-swap-t317206.html)

ibex94 06-27-2022 04:20 PM

Until I can hold myself to that kind of promise, I won't be holding you to it WMUteach! Sewbizgirl gets things wrapped up fast. I'll let her hold your feet to the fire in July.

NZquilter -- you feeling better, yet, or is it too soon? First trimester isn't done yet, right?

WMUTeach 06-27-2022 05:51 PM

Meet my goal for July.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8557177)
Ok, which one are you going to quilt first?

Which one first? Humm.. I need to sandwich them all as my first step. My quilt group has a work day on Saturday and I am not taking my sewing machine. Only taking the 6 or 7 that need to be sandwiched. Then I can quilt and bind. First one will likely be a pink checker board. Another quilt for my Project Linus bin.

I finished one small wall quilt yesterday that was not my work but a UFO given to me from a quilter who passed away. That one was easy, only binding. A second larger quilt has about 36 inches of binding yet to be turned and stitched. Tomorrow will wrap up that one for Project Linus. I am feeling good! Photos tomorrow.

This coming weekend is the next Virtual Quilt Weekend, so I plan on finishing one, I really need to learn to get over hand stitching the binding to the back on the donation quilts. That is what takes time. But I love the hand stitching part of the process too. Ah well!

Loveofquilts 06-28-2022 07:54 AM

I don't usually hand bind the binding anymore, I've been doing it on the machine. I get better with each quilt, one day they will line up perfectly. Lol!

I've been sick for the past week, not as bad as usual. I think it's monkeypox... :( I have had these raised red bumps on the back of my shoulder for over a week and last night I finally got fever. I haven't been around very many people at all. News said its community spread now, argh... There's not a whole lot they can do for you, self care is most of it unless it gets severe. Oatmeal baths or soap with oatmeal in it has helped a lot. I'm not sewing or quilting as much this past week, not a lot of energy. I have a few quilts that need quilting. I'm working on it, lol! Hopefully the picnic quilt will be completed soon. It's my old denim jeans and all the plaids or checks I had in a checkerboard pattern. I'm quilting as I go basically. I'm almost halfway there! Woohoo! I've been working on it for a month now, but sickness has slowed it considerably.

Sounds like you're making progress WMUTeach, that's wonderful news.

sewbizgirl 06-28-2022 08:24 AM

The quilt projects sound nice, WMUT and LoveOQ... Please share them here before you send them wherever they are going.

sewbizgirl 06-28-2022 08:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I took a wonderful Scrap Quilting class this past weekend. Tho I've been scrap quilting for years, I still learned lots of new ideas. I went through my strip drawers and pulled out the 1.5", 2", and 2.5" strips and have been working on this big scrappy:

WMUTeach 06-28-2022 03:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Sewbiz, love your color balance in this newest quilt top. Something I need to need to develop to a greater level.

Here is my first UFO finish! I used 704 2.5" squares from my bins of little colorful 2.5" squares.

I have been working on perfecting channel quilting and over two days of quilting I did get my channels more even.

Gannyrosie 06-29-2022 04:46 AM

Wmuteach, I have you beat, I have 13 tops, lol. I also just like making them, but not quilting. I think cause I don't want to pay the $$ to send them off,so I have to do on domestic or hand quilt. In progress, well I'm not sure,probably 4. I get bored easily and then it's it's, and then "oh!" another top comes to mind and the UFOS hang around. Since these are not ment for anyone i seem to say "tomorrow" often,but that never comes. The downsize of procrastinating, ugh

Macybaby 06-29-2022 06:54 AM

Umm- I know last I counted of tops waiting to be quilted, was over 20 . . . and I own a long arm . . .
I keep telling myself that for each top I finish, I need to quilt up two. And I was really good for a while and had them down to single digits, Oh well, retirement is only 4 years away and then I'll have more time.

JENNR8R 06-29-2022 07:07 AM

I'd never finish a quilt if I didn't complete them one by one. I do have one UFO and that is because my machine was giving me trouble, and I had to stop working on it.

Meanwhile, other quilts have been made and the UFO sits alone and unloved on a closet shelf. I feel so bad for it. LOL!

The only way for me to be able to stop thinking about it is to finish it... someday...

sewbizgirl 06-29-2022 10:47 AM

Lovely quilt, WMU!! And big hugs for finishing it! On to the next...