Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2023-birthday-candy-swap-2-5-squares-t319676.html)

Janice McC 01-11-2023 10:57 AM

This morning I was going through some boxes left over from our move 18 months ago and found 6 complete sets of candies that were from a previous year’s swap. I’d obviously over cut. Also found my envelopes and even some forever stamps. I’m in like Flynn! Now to go through the members list and try to figure out who might not have received any of these candies in the past. What a surprise!

It’s a dreary day so I might do a little cutting of some scraps. Have a lovely day!

petthefabric 01-11-2023 11:08 AM

Janice, this is my first so they can come my way.

Last night wanted to pet fabric, but no project fit the bill. So did some scrap mgmt and cut squares. Have enough for a few months. Now for cards and forever stamps.

WMUTeach 01-11-2023 04:12 PM

JaniceMcC, some others that would not have gotten your packages along with Petthefabric would be LogCabin82, Quossum, Gannyrosie, ibex94 and Rebaquilts. That makes your six. Ta-Da! You are on your way!

Good idea. I did the same in the past. I know one year I made perhaps 30 sets and then had extras. The next year I them off to new swappers. Who knew? No one. Efficiency or lazy....efficiency. ;)

SewBiz what a beautiful little fellow. So round and smooth and I had a rush of remembering the sweet new born smell of baby. The things one remembers.

sewbizgirl 01-12-2023 07:22 AM

Thank you everyone. They named the baby Gentry. Mom and baby are doing fine! Grandma could use some sleep!

He smells incredible , and his hair is like little soft baby bird feathers.

Gannyrosie 01-12-2023 08:33 AM

🎉🎉🎉 Congrats Sewbiz🎉🎉🎉🎉
Henry is a perfect name, cause my dad's was also Henry. He's a beautiful Henry, Happy Birthday lil man.

Have all my candies ready to go,. Went back to working on my falling leaves quilt and made an embroidery mug rug to send to my sister for her upcoming birthday.

Been enjoying the warmer weather outside prepping the veggie garden for spring.

TravelingGramma are your I spy's 5 inch or candies. I used to do the ispy swaps, but they were always 5 inches I believe.

sewbizgirl 01-12-2023 01:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Gannyrosie!

I've done I Spy quilts with both size charms. I made my granddaughter an I Spy Irish Chain quilt with the 2.5s, and she has worn that thing nearly out!
This is a picture of it before quilting. It was the only pic I could find!

Quossum 01-12-2023 03:00 PM

@sewbizgirl —What a precious little grandbaby you’ve gotten there, and what a lovely description you gave…it made me want to breathe in some baby-ness…and I don’t have any children! Fond memories of my two nephews when they were wee little ones, though.

I remember when my first nephew came along, all three of us, his mom and my other sister and I, we all lay on the floor next to this newborn little lump and just…looked at him, the first baby of our little sister circle. It was wonderful.

He’s 21 now, by the way, so those were quite a few days ago!

travelinggramma 01-14-2023 07:49 AM

My I Spy is with candy! I separate any candy I receive- one pile being for I spy. It has taken me awhile to get enough for this quilt. Will post when done.
I also make a pile of batiks and solids.
We had a baby visiting last week and I just got to love on him. Nothing like it!

Janice McC 01-14-2023 01:42 PM

I’m halfway through with the cutting on the remaining 13 sets of candies, in the event we get 20 swappers. Woo hoo! A few hours tomorrow morning should get me very close to the goal!

Just back from buying a new (to me) car after my Chevy Cruze was damaged in a deer hit. It happened in November and it looked like it would be repaired until an estimate uncovered some unseen damage and the insurance co totaled it yesterday. So disappointed! I loved my little car. I’m happy to say we found a car DH wanted, an Outback, at a reasonable price. Oh, well, he’s wanted one for years but there was no reason to buy one with two perfectly fine vehicles, albeit older ones. Anyway, now living in WNC, the new car really will be safer.

I’m off to pkg up my candies and prep for another scrap cutting adventure tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good evening.

happylab 01-14-2023 03:32 PM

I have a question? Someone commented about the stash bash challenge for 2023. My question do we need to sign up somewhere or do we have to sign up on face book to get the patterns? I haven’t figured out how to get block 2. Any help would be appreciated. Thank-you.