Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2023 - Birthday Candy Swap (2.5" squares) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2023-birthday-candy-swap-2-5-squares-t319676.html)

ibex94 10-21-2023 08:05 AM

Love the quilting candy ideas!

I took my packet for HappyLab to the post office, gave it to the clerk to confirm that all was right, she hand-stamped it because I asked her to, and off it has gone. Let's see if it gets there before HappyLab's bday. Jenn mentioned that her envelope had no cancellation on it. If they pulled it because it got stuck in the machine, as she suggested, I guess they let it languish before they processed it. Hopefully, Barb has hers by now.

Glorious weather here in south Texas. A bit humid but the temperature is in the 70s so it isn't too awful. Thank you for the address, WMUTeach!

JENNR8R 10-21-2023 10:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by WMUTeach (Post 8621454)
November birthday message has been sent. Swappers, let me know if you did not get it. Have a perfectly wonderful Saturday.

Wow! You gals have me beat to the post office by miles this month, but I have a good excuse. My favorite cousin died, and I attended his funeral at 9:00 this morning. I had to drive 1.5 hours to get there so I'm ready for a nap this afternoon after getting up so early. He was only 72... somehow that seems WAAAY too young since I'm 72 too.

His son told me I can have one of my grandmother's quilts that his Dad had in storage. She is the only quilter in the family that I know of. It is rumored that grandma's stitches could rival any sewing machine. By the time I became interested in quilting, all of her quilts that were given to my family had worn out and been discarded. I'd love to recreate the quilt I get from him.

But maybe I'm ahead of all y'all for next year. This week I prepared 22 bags of candies, cards, envelopes, and two-ounce stamps. I'm ready! Put me down as "participating" next year WMUTeach.

The picture is of my "Feather" who died last year of breast cancer. She was the healthiest rescue beagle of the seven I have owned... until she wasn't. The disease took her quickly. I named her after my favorite quilting motif. I miss her! :(

sewbizgirl 10-21-2023 11:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just put my card in the mailbox for pickup today.... I remember your Feather, Jenn. She looks like she was sweet and gentle.

This is my Naya. I miss her every day.

Rebaquilts 10-21-2023 02:05 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I have 3 fur babies, Calvin my ruby Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who is the sweetest dog, and my 2 rescue kitties, Gabriel my ragdoll boy and Lizzy Bennet my odd-eyed Turkish angora, who I swear knows she is rescued and is just the most loving cat ever. Hugs all!

WMUTeach 10-21-2023 05:23 PM

So sorry, JENNR8R. I have lost a few cousins, rather a large family, and have to say the relationship between cousins is so unique. And this one was a favorite too. Glad you got to dash off to be with the family and to get the promise of a family heirloom. What a lovely way to honor your grandmother by recreating one of her quilts.

Oh what charming little fur babies! Your names are on the list.

travelinggramma 10-22-2023 06:01 AM

3 Attachment(s)
The husky/Germain Shepherd/etc etc mutt is Roxy. We rescued her in Arizona two years ago and she has enjoyed traveling. The Pit is our sons. His name is Stitch, also a rescue and also the same age. They are best buddies.

WMUTeach 10-22-2023 10:08 AM

Got'cha on the list JENNR8R. I will make an "official" ask of the group early November and then post the new invite to all board members in mid November. When I post the new invite too early..... it gets lost in all of the other postings and folks miss it.

Off for an afternoon nap and then sorting last year's birthday squares in to my color boxes while listening to an audio book.

Rebaquilts 10-22-2023 10:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I saw a gorgeous candy quilt on insta Friday and took a screen shot. Enjoy! Hugs!

Brenda W 10-22-2023 12:57 PM

Birthday Candy Swap

Hello my fellow quilters! I'm new to the group as of today and sew excited to participate in this Swap. Love seeing all the creative ideas!
Please clarify - The opportunity to sign up for 2024 will be in November?

JENNR8R 10-22-2023 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Brenda W (Post 8621654)
Hello my fellow quilters! I'm new to the group as of today and sew excited to participate in this Swap. Love seeing all the creative ideas!
Please clarify - The opportunity to sign up for 2024 will be in November?

It would be helpful to read the first post on this thread. It includes:

"3. Newbies(new to this swap) You need a recommendation from a past hostess or from anyone that was in a previous birthday swap before I can add you to the group. Absolutely No "Flakers" here!!! You must have swapped with or know the person giving the recommendation. Recommendations can be sent to me by PM also."