Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   3rd Annual Christmas Ornament Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/3rd-annual-christmas-ornament-swap-t200766.html)

queenof2802 10-11-2012 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by thomp116 (Post 5559863)
We could have a rerun of last year, huh? LOL!

Did anyone else notice that when we sign up to send out an ornament or two, we end up making a LOT more? 'Cause you know, now you have to make them for family, and friends, and as little gifts for club members, etc., etc.

I have decided to do mine for the girls here at the office! Had to buy at least a fat quarter of the material I needed so adding 5 more wasn't a big deal :thumbup:

grann of 6 10-11-2012 09:21 AM

My ornaments are merrily on their way to their new homes; sent them off this morning.

owlvamp 10-11-2012 09:52 AM

abdconsultant I received my ornament in the mail today. I love the little stocking and all the goodies you put in to it.
Love the card you made to. Thank you so much just wanted you to know I received it and love it thanks!

Was I suppose to open it yet? Yikes just thought of it. I was just plain excited I got a package in the mail. Opened it up really fast and then realized I read somewheres that some of you,are waiting I think. LOL

rwquilts 10-11-2012 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Beeboop71 (Post 5577952)
I just wanted to thank rwquilts for posting those beautiful nativity ornaments and giving us the title of the book where she got the pattern from. I just purchased the book from amazon for get this.....34 cents (shipping was $3.99) and received it yesterday. There are some darling Christmas projects in the book. I will be using some of these projects for next year if I do the Christmas Craft show again. I may try to make some nativity ornaments for this December but I have very limited time and have so many others things to finish. I think these would be a great item to sell. Thanks again!

You are so welcome! I'm so happy that you were able to find the book for such a good price and can now make all the fun things the book has. I won't be making any more of the ornaments this year, but if I get really ambitious, I might make whole nativities for next year's giving...although the angels were my favorites to make and decorate. :)

brenda21 10-11-2012 10:36 AM

owlvamp~it's fine to open your ornament when you receive it...if you can, post pictures for us!

mooretll 10-11-2012 10:52 AM

Love all the pics of the ornaments!. I am working on mine and hopefully next week will ship them out.

Cindy60545 10-11-2012 11:11 AM

Well, I was almost finished with my ornaments! I was in the studio finishing with my embroidery machine on some of them & my big dog was left in the house & got mad at me & ATE THE ORNAMENTS! They were all done too! Back to the drawing board for the other ones now!

brenda21 10-11-2012 11:15 AM

OMG Cindy! He ATE THEM???? uh oh...someone's in trouble!:hunf:

queenof2802 10-11-2012 11:30 AM

Yay!! I got Sunbonnet Sam cut out today. Since I added the office, my son's girlfriend and me, I had to cut out 9. This evening, since I will be the only one home, I will cut out 9 Sunbonnet Sue's and get started blanket stitching around them. These should go fast.

I have enjoyed getting caught up on the thread and seeing everyone's ornie. Yes, there are a few that I would love to add to my ornies for the kitchen's tree. I have a tree for every room. The kitchen's tree is all of my handmade ones through out the year. It's really my favorite. The tree in the living room is decorated with Santas. Tree in the master bedroom is all red. It is an orriginal silver tree that belonged to my grandmother. The kids have their own. Each of them are decorated with the ornament of the year from halmark that both my mother and I give them each year.

Cindy60545 10-11-2012 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 5578329)
OMG Cindy! He ATE THEM???? uh oh...someone's in trouble!:hunf:

I wouldn't have known til I went to get them in my office, but she threw up right at the back door! Needless to say, she's in the doghouse big time!