Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   3rd Annual Christmas Ornament Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/3rd-annual-christmas-ornament-swap-t200766.html)

lynnie 10-08-2012 01:45 PM

Ornies lookin great, love them flakes, i did my whole tree n them when i worked at the casket co.
they are so light and airy.

Cindy60545 10-08-2012 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug (Post 5571124)
Well be that way!! :D Now I won't tell you for sure, where I saw your lost felt hiding in your work shop!! Stingy!!
:D :D :D :D

(sniff):( oh, ok, maybe 1 Now where's mt felt????????

Anastasia 10-08-2012 02:07 PM

ooo pretty snowflakes!

QuilterMomma 10-08-2012 02:31 PM

I double the heavy water soluable, make sure you are using a 90/14 sharp, then what thread are you using. I find that the rayon does that, but if you use a polyester embroidery thread, it works better.

Now you can use a 50wt cotton thread as well and put in both the top and bobbin. On occasion that happens to me, but since I have changed them up a bit and using the double water it works best.

Anastasia 10-08-2012 02:34 PM

are you guys doing those on a normal machine or an embroidery machine? I saw some thread painting techniques using that water soluble stuff using a normal machine that I'm thinking about trying. :)

QuilterMomma 10-08-2012 02:37 PM

My Bernina is a normal sewing machine, just has the embroidery module to go with it so I am using a programmed design. I have used the water soluable, be sure to get the heavier stuff so it holds up so much better and you get stiffer ornaments, to do thread painting and it works wonderfully. I have done dragon flies with it and angels.

Anastasia 10-08-2012 03:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the info! I appreciate it. Really.

And now.. for the final reveal, of my other ornament. Sadly neither of my swap people have commented so I don't know who prefers which, so I'll end up boxing them up and picking randomly and putting one of their names on it I guess. I'll give it a few days to see if they comment.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]368429[/ATTACH]

Pat625 10-08-2012 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Anastasia (Post 5571565)

And now.. for the final reveal, of my other ornament. Sadly neither of my swap people have commented so I don't know who prefers which, so I'll end up boxing them up and picking randomly and putting one of their names on it I guess. I'll give it a few days to see if they comment.

Beautiful!!! Well worth hamburger fingers!!

Tothill 10-08-2012 04:29 PM

Both are beautiful. I do not mind which one you send me.

We tend to have a scrappy tree. No theme, just ornaments that have been collected over the years.

mt

Originally Posted by Anastasia (Post 5571565)

marytoddliz 10-08-2012 04:45 PM

Very nice, I love the snowflakes and the ornaments, both colors.

I am working on a few new ideas, now I need to find pipe cleaners!