Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   3rd Annual Christmas Ornament Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/3rd-annual-christmas-ornament-swap-t200766.html)

CountryHouseQuilter 11-11-2012 09:40 AM

roseirish - Lucky you!!!! Love the stocking and the Santa ornaments!!!!!

Brenda21 - another lucky one!!! That tree is stinkin' cute!!!! And what a great idea with the spool - might have to steal that one!!!!

Love all the ornies I've seen posted here. We're all so lucky to get such beautiful things for our trees!!!! And such talented ladies!!!!

SewExtremeSeams 11-11-2012 12:26 PM

Aurora, what a cute idea your spool Christmas wish list is!

lynnie 11-11-2012 04:02 PM

This year, it seems we all outdid ourselves. Such cute little pcs of creativity.

owlvamp 11-11-2012 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by CountryHouseQuilter (Post 5649662)
roseirish - Lucky you!!!! Love the stocking and the Santa ornaments!!!!!

Brenda21 - another lucky one!!! That tree is stinkin' cute!!!! And what a great idea with the spool - might have to steal that one!!!!

Love all the ornies I've seen posted here. We're all so lucky to get such beautiful things for our trees!!!! And such talented ladies!!!!

I totally agree!!

marytoddliz 11-11-2012 10:44 PM

I love the spool, and heaven knows I have lots of empty ones, the cats play with them, until I step on them in the dark! But it is still better than the darn mouse that squeaks and makes me jump outta my skin!

I love all the great ideas for making ornaments.

Beth, You need to charge more! you can always come down on your prices, but I agree with Brat, charge more for them at first. The big craft fair I do every year is Dec 1st and they have some that are not even as cute and they were selling for $5, but part of the price is truly where you are selling! If I try to sell things in my own neighborhood, I get nothing, but I drive up the hill into the million dollar homes area, Stuff sells and for a good price. I think the reason is the people who live in those homes really do appreciate good quality workmanship, where as my neighborhood, Walmart or the $1 store is good enough!

I have been trying to get my stuff featured in a boutique where the people who live in those wonderful homes shop! I am taking some stuff in to see if she want to try and sell it. There has to be something for being able to get local artists to sell. After all if she runs out I can drive right over and restock!

I love that denim ornament! i have a few denim items (Our business is recycled Denim mostly) I have a few ornaments, didn't even think of trading them here! next year for sure.

sasquilter 11-12-2012 09:15 AM

What a fun surprise I found in my mailbox today!!!!! Thank you so much Aurora. I love both my ornaments, the tree is darling and how did you make the smallest yoyo at the top? The spool is great. I have lots of old spools and would never have thought to make the ornament you did. I love them. Thank you!!!!!!! sasquilter

brenda21 11-12-2012 09:54 AM

Unfortunately, I may need a few angels to send out ornaments...please PM me if you are able to be one:thumbup:

QuilterMomma 11-12-2012 10:05 AM

Thank you Mary. I did sell several at the $3 price. Sold a set of Snowflakes as well. It is where you are selling them at. I think if I really get into doing craft shows, will go somewhere else where there is lots more traffic. sold enough to pay for my space, my lunch and gas there and back. My time went for free. God is good though.

jaba 11-12-2012 10:30 AM

I found the same thing here at those craft shows. Did a couple of them and quickly decided it wasn't my cup of tea. Lots of work for lunch and a couple gallons of gas QuilterMomma. Fun to make but I think I'd rather give them away, more joy to me

lynnie 11-12-2012 12:01 PM

I did two shows a few yrs back. The first a catholic church two days 9-6 and 12-6 . Changed some of the stuff up a bit,did a jewish temple, one day, 12-4. Made more money at the temple ($10.00), but didnt have to haggle and the people seemed to appriciate my artwork. They loved the tablerunners potholders,coasters, and jewelry. Even the doggie bisquits dissappeared.. one cust. Bought them all.
i didnt hear one person at the temple say they could make it. Atthe church, that seemed to be a song everyone was singing.
thetemple was35 miles away in a better part of town the church five miles away in an average part of town. Both charged the same price for the table