Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   3rd Annual Christmas Ornament Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/3rd-annual-christmas-ornament-swap-t200766.html)

CountryHouseQuilter 11-15-2012 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 5658722)
CHQ~you could always host an ornie swap with your quilt group...still plenty of time before Christmas, especially if they don't need to be mailed:thumbup:

Maybe next year we'll do that. The ladies are busy with so much right now that I don't think any of us have time for one more thing, plus I'm going in for surgery Dec. 12th. We met last night. I helped some of the ladies with the Christmas Tablerunner that Missouri Star Quilt Co. does a demo on. I have one finished and 2 more almost done. They turned out beautiful.

My wonderful group gave me a surprise BDay party last night. Our group celebrates everyone's BDay with a cake at the closest meeting, and we all give at least 3 FQ's each. Well, we were on a trip at my BDay, then Sandy hit and I had water in the basement and canceled the meeting. So last night they got me good. I got tons of FQ's, and they gave me a big gift card to JoAnn's. I love my ladies so much!! They really are the greatest group of women I know. We're all soooo different, but we work so well together. I'm am so thankful to have them in my life!!!!! I may just be making them all special ornaments for Christmas. We meet Dec. 19th for our Christmas party. Hope I can have them all done by then!!

owlvamp 11-15-2012 07:42 PM

I love the angel ornaments. Also the snowman one too.

kiffie2413 11-16-2012 12:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got the cutest ornament in the mail from kboone, she enclosed a note saying she is a beginning quilter just learning to paper piece, but from the looks of the ornament, I would say she has paper piecing down!!! I must add that I just went to the post office and got it today, opened it, admired it, took a pic...then my son, dil, and darling granddaughter came by...my lil granddaughter (she is 3) saw the ornament, grabbed it up while giggling and saying, "Grammy, is this for me?? I love him!!". Well, whats a grammy to do but say of course its for you sweetie!! :)...she gave me a big hug and said, "Thanks Grammy for making it for me!"...okay, okay...I thought about it for maybe a millisecond before explaining to her that grammy had been in an ornament swap, and that I made some ornaments and sent them to other people, and other people made some and sent them to me...and this one was my "surprise" today...and that I know it would be fine with the nice lady who made it if I "shared" it with her, and she could hang it on her tree this year...LOL...So, here is a picture of the much loved ornament:
Thanks so much Kim!!!
K

CountryHouseQuilter 11-16-2012 05:24 AM

Kim - lucky you!! Cute ornament. Amd so nice of you to share with your granddaughter!!!!

mooretll 11-16-2012 11:40 AM

Some more great ornaments. still have not gotten my second one yet but its ok i know how life can get in the way sometimes. lol went and purchased my ham and turkey breast today man this year has really flew by.

Tothill 11-16-2012 11:00 PM

I am participating in my first two swaps right now. I was wondering how long after the mailing deadline should I wait to receive my item before becoming concerned?

It seems that almost everyone has received their ornaments, but I am still waiting.

I understand that if someone is sending to me from out of the Country it will take a bit longer, or even from the other side of the country.

Pouting on the sidelines.

marytoddliz 11-16-2012 11:10 PM

I love the snowman ornament! he is so cute! and I think it is great that your granddaughter wanted it! Awesome, I alos have a 3 year old Granddaughter and she is so wonderful, isn't it great being Grandma!

owlvamp 11-16-2012 11:17 PM

Beautiful snowman ornament.

jaba 11-17-2012 06:34 AM

Pm Brenda and ask if she knows whether your partner has sent to you. She'll inquire for you.

JuneBillie 11-17-2012 01:59 PM

More pretty ornaments. I can see why the sweet granddaughter wanted the cute ornament. I loved hearing the whole story.