Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   5" Color Swap - Gray...or Grey even! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/5-color-swap-gray-grey-even-t294493.html)

sewbizgirl 02-09-2018 10:29 AM

I love chit chat too... it's the fun part of belonging to a group. But a pure list of things that are yellow, or things that are pink or whatever, isn't conversation. You have to make a sentence to converse. And I think we all know what color everything is! I just get fed up with opening a new post and it's that. I'm sorry to offend anyone, and I am not offended myself. Just do your thing and ignore me!

Would love to see other's ideas for patterns and uses for our color charms, and even what they are working on while they wait for the squares. Daily life, etc. Real things.

Chris, I bet you can't wait to get that hardwood down! Post a pic... I'm sure it will be beautiful.

Crispy_Frog 02-09-2018 11:48 AM

Just passing the time for the big Grey package to arrive.

Crispy_Frog 02-09-2018 11:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a sample of what you may be getting.(We don't post enough pictures here.)

jlt37869 02-09-2018 01:32 PM

Nice fabrics, Crispy Frog! Hopefully, I'll get one of your sets!

jlt37869 02-09-2018 01:35 PM

Hi Red - I mailed 12 sets to you for delivery on Mon (or Tue) next week.

Faintly Artistic 02-09-2018 03:09 PM

Well, sewbiz, we have been on a total roller coaster here. Had 2 low offers on our house, got a 3rd decent offer which we accepted, then the buyer backed out. I had the realtor raise the price and got a full price offer in less than a week. Flip side, every house we have liked is under contract and we scrambled to find one we liked in our price range. Put an offer on a great place and the owners are being a little difficult. We have a close date of March 8, so no time to fool around! Meanwhile, I'm in this swap and just joined 2 others like a crazy woman! I have to start packing...but fabric swaps are much more fun!

sewbizgirl 02-09-2018 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Crispy_Frog (Post 7999947)
Here is a sample of what you may be getting.(We don't post enough pictures here.)

Darn, wish I'd thought to take a picture of mine... it was a pretty cute set of grays, if I do say so myself. Oddly enough, I had tons of gray. I guess it's one of my 'go to' colors. It just looks good with so many other colors.

Faintly! How exciting to raise the price of the house and then get a full price offer. Hope you find the house you are looking for. Are you moving to another town/state?

Faintly Artistic 02-09-2018 04:44 PM

We are moving back to the Phoenix area, we currently live 30 minutes south. Hubby is working there again and I have 2 kids going to ASU engineering school in the fall...doesn't make sense to drive 2 cars to the Valley every day! We raised the price because buyers got scared of taking on a mortgage and a solar payment assumption. So, we upped the price and are paying off the solar system in the deal. The house we are trying to buy has solar as well. I will enjoy $20 electric bills year round! (a/c means many people here pay $400-500/month for electric)

Stafar 02-09-2018 04:55 PM

We recently had a greyhound rescued here but she was so scared she ran away. There was a huge Facebook campaign to find her and they brought in trackers, search dogs and trail cams. She was gone during the coldest week we have had in a long time. She was trapped and safely returned!

sewbizgirl 02-09-2018 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Stafar (Post 8000054)
We recently had a greyhound rescued here but she was so scared she ran away. There was a huge Facebook campaign to find her and they brought in trackers, search dogs and trail cams. She was gone during the coldest week we have had in a long time. She was trapped and safely returned!

Oh the poor thing. That breaks my heart. Greyhounds don't have enough fur to insulate them in the cold. So glad she's rescued and returned now.

Faintly, our last electric bill was $420! It's been a cold winter, but the big bill was because they weren't coming down here to actually read the meter, just estimating. So when they finally read it we owed them a bunch. $20 electric bills sound pretty awesome.