Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   5" Color Swap - Gray...or Grey even! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/5-color-swap-gray-grey-even-t294493.html)

trish b 02-13-2018 01:13 PM

My package of gray's are in the mail and should arrive on Wednesday. The weather is most often mild so my electic bill ranges from $99 to $140. It could be better if I had better insulation. Today the temp is 52 for a high 33 low.
Go out or stay in and make it a great day.

redstilettos 02-14-2018 05:59 AM

Hi all,

my apologies for being somewhat absent. Year-end is a royal pain in the rumpuss. Monday I worked from 7am until 8:45pm. I am one tired puppy, here!

I have been receiving packages. I promise to make time tonight to make a list and post it so everyone can rest assured theirs made it to Wisconsin in flying (but frigid) colors.

Juanita has been kind enough to continue to tease me about she is having to endure weather with whopping 70 degrees. Only about 75 degree difference between the two of us. LOL. She's just a tease, I say!

sewbizgirl 02-14-2018 07:15 AM

I hope mine made it to you... We are supposed to get up into the 60's today but it's been gloomy and raining for weeks. So unlike here. I just want to see the sun shine!

Has anyone besides Givio actually made something of their color squares yet? Or found any good patterns? If so, please share! :o

Faintly Artistic 02-14-2018 08:22 PM

Well, we hit record highs a week ago...low 80's. Today it was chilly (low 60's) and rainy here with more tomorrow. I love rain, all 3 or 4x per year that it happens!

Sewbiz, I used about 90 of my purples fairly quickly and a bunch of the greens. I have plans for oranges and blues and grays...have a few things to finish up first, plus the move in 3 weeks. We are in the inspection/appraisal phase right now and there are a few hurdles to overcome. So, hoping it can all happen on time. It will be so nice to have a space for me to work and all my stuff in the same room!

Crispy_Frog 02-15-2018 07:21 AM

I just sent my gray today! While I was cutting them I kept thinking....I'm just not getting it. The gray doesn't appeal to me. It just so....modern. I'm learning how traditional I am!

Faintly Artistic 02-15-2018 10:44 AM

Crispy, I'm with you, but I think I found some nice prints that will add more traditional vibe to some projects. My oldest daughter loves gray, so I will be making her a bed quilt when the one for the youngest daughter is finished. Those 2 are very different, I will post pics. One is all over the place color and the other will be soft blue, gray and white!

March will be fun, moving on the 9/10th. Will probably mail from one address and receive at the other.

sewbizgirl 02-15-2018 11:07 AM

Hope the move goes smoothly, Faintly. And Crispy, I agree that the grays are boring in themselves. But they make a great neutral with other colors! There are probably tons of pics in Google.

Faintly Artistic 02-15-2018 11:26 AM

Thanks, sewbizgirl. Sellers of the place we are buying are being "less than cooperative," I have a good realtor who is earning that commission with this sale! Funny thing is, after we get settled, I'm seriously considering getting my real estate license and going to work for him! Big change, I haven't worked in over 25 years while I raised/home schooled my 5. 1 has moved out and 3 are home while attending college. My last 3 years I have been sewing a lot while home alone all day. Working again will be major shock for awhile.

sunrise450 02-15-2018 12:32 PM

Mailed my grey squares today. Was told they would be in your hands this coming Sat. Red, Please let me know when they arrive!
Can we know what the next color is going to be? Or is it a no no to ask?

sewbizgirl 02-15-2018 01:46 PM

Faintly, this is a great time of life for you to get into selling real estate! You might enjoy that.