Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Among the Leaves Swap- Please Mail Due by Sept 15 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/among-leaves-swap-please-mail-due-sept-15-a-t134663.html)

pattis47 07-09-2011 04:43 PM

If you are thinking of joining a swap, as a new quilter, this would be a good one for you. The pattern is very easy. Just follow the directions and do it one step at a time and you will be fine.

NO Question is stupid, please feel free to ask anytime. someone on here will be more than willing to help you understand and become a better quilter. Remember we were all new quilters at one time. Some of us it was 50 yrs ago and some of us it was 50 days ago. Continue to ask the questions and it will save you alot of "unsewing" or better known as the froggy cry "rippit". We all understand and have been in your position. To answer your question, a scant 1/4 is just less than a 1/4". An example would be if you draw a line on your fabric to mark your 1/4 to stitch on, then sew just on the outside of that line. That will give you your scant 1/4. Hope this helps.

[quote=Linda58]

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
I'm thinking on this one, may be a stupid question but I'm new quilter, my question is, what is 1/4" scant? I know what 1/4" seam allowance is, but I don't know what is a scant? LOL

bookworm 07-09-2011 04:57 PM

If you'd like Lv2sew2011 I can send you rotary cutting instructions for making it with a full 1/4" seam. I'm going to draft it out on EQ5 anyway (I find it's easier for me this way)

bookworm 07-09-2011 05:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This should make it a little easier. The stem part you still need to do the way quilter's cache says, couldn't manage to get it to draft right.

Lv2sew2011 07-09-2011 06:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by bookworm
This should make it a little easier. The stem part you still need to do the way quilter's cache says, couldn't manage to get it to draft right.

How's this one?

Lv2sew2011 07-09-2011 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by bookworm
If you'd like Lv2sew2011 I can send you rotary cutting instructions for making it with a full 1/4" seam. I'm going to draft it out on EQ5 anyway (I find it's easier for me this way)

That would be great, unless you think the one I've already done is good enough!

bookworm 07-09-2011 06:52 PM

I think the one you did looks great!

Lv2sew2011 07-09-2011 10:42 PM

Ok, that was my sample block, to see if I could do it and I can...LOL so would you just put me down for 1 set for now, and if I have time maybe two....Tuesday will need to go shopping for the fabric I would like to use...

Thanks
Donna

Wholeheart Mom 07-11-2011 03:50 PM

I know that the Quilter's Cache pattern makes a 12" block, but we need another half inch for this swap.

How are measuring and cutting to add the extra half inch? I just finished up the Fall Dresdan plate swap and I want to get started on this right away, so I hope someone can help.

fabric_fancy 07-11-2011 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Wholeheart Mom
I know that the Quilter's Cache pattern makes a 12" block, but we need another half inch for this swap.

How are measuring and cutting to add the extra half inch? I just finished up the Fall Dresdan plate swap and I want to get started on this right away, so I hope someone can help.

the block at quilter's cache is for a 12 inch finished so when you put it together it will actually measure 12.5 inches and thats what you send in for the swap.

then when we all sew our blocks together it will become 12 inches finished.

Wholeheart Mom 07-11-2011 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy

Originally Posted by Wholeheart Mom

the block at quilter's cache is for a 12 inch finished so when you put it together it will actually measure 12.5 inches and thats what you send in for the swap.

then when we all sew our blocks together it will become 12 inches finished.

Gotcha! That does make life easier, thank you :)