Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Among the Leaves Swap- Please Mail Due by Sept 15 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/among-leaves-swap-please-mail-due-sept-15-a-t134663.html)

Motorcyclemad 07-14-2011 04:11 AM

Sign me up for an "Over-active, Tentative YES". I will know by the 31st if this becomes "RESOUNDING". I look forward to swapping!

bookworm 07-14-2011 06:19 AM

Motorcyclemad, I'll sign you up but next time PM me instead of just posting on the thread.

Pegsquiltparlor 07-14-2011 06:40 AM

Morning - I would like to sign up for thus swap. I have made the maple leaf quilt with a cream backbround and really like it. I am into fall colors so will try one with black.

mom-6 07-15-2011 08:07 AM

Just had what I hope is a bright idea. . .since I have smaller pieces of several coordinating fall color fabrics. . .how about doing the leaves scrappy? If I do that I will only need a small amount of each fabric. And can still make 12 all alike.

Lv2sew2011 07-15-2011 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Wholeheart Mom
I know that the Quilter's Cache pattern makes a 12" block, but we need another half inch for this swap.

How are measuring and cutting to add the extra half inch? I just finished up the Fall Dresdan plate swap and I want to get started on this right away, so I hope someone can help.

This is the one I used and it came to be 12 1/2" block

bookworm 07-15-2011 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by mom-6
Just had what I hope is a bright idea. . .since I have smaller pieces of several coordinating fall color fabrics. . .how about doing the leaves scrappy? If I do that I will only need a small amount of each fabric. And can still make 12 all alike.

That's ok as long as they are still all alike :)

Short an Sweet 07-15-2011 11:32 AM

I have picked out my fabrics for the leaves will make one next week and post a pic

Muse&Sew 07-16-2011 09:51 AM

Is there a way to just use thangles except for the stem?

bloomin'Iris 07-16-2011 06:15 PM

question...."doing the leaves scrappy?" does this mean that the leaf itself could have different pieces/patterns within itself, yet all 12 squares would be the same?

Originally Posted by bookworm

Wholeheart Mom 07-17-2011 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by bloomin'Iris
question...."doing the leaves scrappy?" does this mean that the leaf itself could have different pieces/patterns within itself, yet all 12 squares would be the same?

Originally Posted by bookworm

That is exactly what it means!